Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Tired

Tired because...

My dad called last night at 12:30 and woke me up leaving a message on the phone. Something about baby, edward, 11:45... something something... to say the least the rest of my night was a little weird. Kept having strange dreams and waking up for the next 5 hours. I got up at 5:30 to go for a run, but first checked my e-mail and re-listened to the phone message. Yep, baby Edward born 11:45 last night, 7 lbs, 2.5 oz. Apparently the birth went well, but I haven't gotten any other details (I've tried my dad's home and cell phone this morning, but haven't been able to get a hold of him. Perhaps I'll try wes' cell phone too.). So yes. I'm officially now an Aunt :)

Not much else has been happening around here. Thanksgiving we went to AFs mums on Saturday and then carried on to my dad's that night. Sunday I dropped AF off at the train station and went to stay with my sis. My BIL works in downtown TO. His commute into work is 1.5-2 hours and he has to take via so he can't get back home at certain times due to the horrible train schedule. I was on baby duty last week working in Sarah's basement and ready to drive her to the hospital at a moments notice (not to mention doctors and dentists appointments!). Obviously my hospital driving services were not required.

Saturday night C-dub and CT came up for Oktoberfest. A grand time was had by all but we sure did miss not having nej around to liven up the party ;) The rest of the weekend was spent preparing for company and cleaning up from company. Sunday afternoon I did do a bit of work.

This week is really busy since I'm trying to get my lab work done, but I don't know how long it is going to take. Hopefully I'll be done everything by noon on Friday which would mean I could head down to visit my sister in the afternoon and come back here at night. I'm sure I'll figure out something :)

4 comments:

C-dub said...

Make sure you take some pics to show us of your new nephew!!

Blythe said...

Congratsies Auntie. (Are you going to be "Auntie Laura" or "Aunt Laura"?)

Lotus Blossom said...

Congrats Auntie LJ! :D

I'll be keeping an eye open for pics of your nephew...

lj said...

Hmm... Not sure if I'll be auntie or aunt. Kate is thinking Aunt, I'm leaning towards Auntie, but that might be confusing for the poor dears ;)