Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Another Week in the life of…

Another busy week last week, though thankfully I was in the office all week. Just not my regular office. I had Friday off which was fabulous. I actually felt like I had a relaxing weekend for once, but it made getting up yesterday morning a little hard.

D and my Dad (and step-mom) came up on Thursday night to see our new pad. We had a quick visit with Dad and N, because they had to be back in Belleville by dinner time on Friday. D stayed and we went to London to go shopping. We went to the bridal store and checked out “the London dress”. D liked that one better than “the Belleville dress” but that didn’t really surprise me all that much. I’m going to wait until I get the verdict from Sister K next weekend. D and Sister S have been pushing for fancier and pouffier dresses than I would personally be attracted too. We spent the rest of the day Christmas shopping which was nice. I’m 99% done my shopping now, just one last little thing left to get.

Saturday we were busy running errands as we usually are – Dry cleaning, cat food, shopping for Christmas baking, Home Depot, Canadian Tire, lunch… by the time we got home it was getting pretty late. The snow started while we were out and for a little while we thought that perhaps driving to Kitchener for A’s Christmas party wasn’t such a hot idea. We looked at the forecast though and decided to go, but to leave when it started snowing again.

Sunday ended up being a wonderfully lazy day. I was supposed to be going to Burgers for our annual “Holiday Baking Extravaganza” but it wasn’t in the stars. Instead we were quite literally snowed in (our subdivision wasn’t plowed until 11 pm). A mounted our new speakers onto the wall (he’s very proud of himself) and we shovelled out the driveway, addressed our Christmas cards and visited a bit with some neighbours.

Yesterday was an uber fun day. I really should have just stayed in bed yesterday morning. First off I had to buy my breakfast and lunch ($20) since we had no food in the house – since we were snowed in we couldn’t go grocery shopping. And then somewhere between Woodstock and London I got a flat tire that cost $150 to fix. On top of that, I had to miss 2.5 hours of work yesterday dealing with my flat tire which came out of my banked overtime. All in all, I figure I lost $80 by going into work yesterday. Boo.

Now, only 3 days left of work before my long break. Yay!

3 comments:

C-dub said...

Sorry to hear about your crappy day yesterday!

Glad to hear that D liked the London dress. My vote is on that one too! Although, it's your decision of course and you'll look absolutely gorgeous no matter which one you choose.

Lotus Blossom said...

Sorry about the crummy day! The only time I've ever experienced a flat tire (*knock on wood*) is when I was with JB, and he was driving.

Lotus Blossom said...

Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and a happy New Year (A too)!