Wednesday, October 29, 2008

*yawn*

I’ve been meaning to update for a while, but I really don’t have that much to say. More of the same I guess.

The first weekend after the honeymoon we hung out at home all weekend. On Saturday I unpacked some wedding/shower presents to find them homes and on Sunday I started to Winterize the garden – started, still have at least half a day left!!! I’ve taken out half of the annuals and cut down the perennials. I have to do some replanting – moving flowers around in a way that makes more sense, get rid of the golden rod (we let it grow this summer since we didn’t know what it was. As soon as it became obvious, we cut it down, but the roots were too deep to pull out), and cut down the tree in our garden – a really ugly over pruned pine tree that I have hated since day one.

Last week went by slowly. Only one day of field work, and nothing too exciting happened.

Last weekend – as I wrote on Burger’s blog comments – we went to see one of Arash’s favourite bands in Toronto (a Persian rock band). We just drove down for the evening. We also cleaned the house… not exciting.

It’s weird. Now that the wedding is over we have all this extra time on our hands. Weekends upon weekends with no plans, no project that I work on in the evening and on the weekends. There are a heck of a lot of thank-you cards to write, but the list of presents is at my dad’s house along with most of the presents, and we want to include a photo with our thank-you cards, and our photos aren’t ready yet… I guess what I should be doing is spending time working on the house – touching up the paint problems and stuff like that, but meh. I’m bored of house renovations. What I really want to do is organize another event… perhaps I will have a Christmas party…

In other news, we spent some of our wedding money this weekend. We went to Leons and got a new table, chairs and buffet (for our new dishes, glasses, and cutlery). I’m very excited to have a table that can comfortably fit 6 around it!!!

http://www.leons.ca/shared/product/product.aspx?ItemId=1377171&ChildItemId=1377171

Only difference is that we didn’t get the hutch to go with the buffet, so we just have the bottom part of the cabinet shown.

2 comments:

Lotus Blossom said...

I decided I want to host a (very small) Christmas party this year... just 4 families (which equals 7 children under 5) in total, unless I change my mind and invite more.

Lotus Blossom said...

Happy b-day... a day late! At least I was on time with my FB b-day wishes. :)