Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Do I have anything to say?

Not really, but I’ll update you anyway ;). Last weekend was wonderful. It was nice to be home along by ourselves for once. I had a training thing up at lakeside (race venue) to swim in the lake (brrr!), bike the course and run a bit of the course. It went pretty good, and I surprised myself by being able to keep up a pretty good bike pace. I finished the 30 K loop in a little over an hour (like 1:05?) so perhaps I am in better bike shape than I thought. It was nice to bike with less wind for once!!! The run didn’t go so great. It was too hot and had no shade. Hopefully it will be cooler on race morning (I think it was 26 or something like that.

When I got home, Arash and I went out for lunch/dinner – it was like 4 pm by that time, and then we went to see Angels and Deamons at the Woodstock theatre. Pretty small screen, but it wasn’t too bad. I think they did a pretty good job with the movie. I think it was a bit better done than the davinci code, but that could be since I read the book so long ago now (like almost 4 years ago?).

Sunday I went for my long run in the morning (did 13.5 km). When I came back we cleaned the house and relaxed in the evening. We rented Benjamin Button. OMG. Such a good movie. I would definitely recommend it to everyone.

Now I’m back at work and the week is going by quickly. It is already Wednesday – has anyone else noticed that life is sort of in fast forward these days? I can’t believe that it’s almost June already, it feels like yesterday when it was freezing cold with a foot of snow on the ground. I have a week of vacation coming up – June 15-19 (yay!) when Arash’s aunt is here from Sweden. Oh, and other news? Arash got his appointment to write the citizenship exam! It will be on June 10, so he should be a full on Canadian citizen by the end of the year!

7 comments:

BrightDolphin said...

Yes, I know what you mean. This year is on fast forward for me too. I can't believe I've been working here for 8 months. I still feel like the "new girl" here a lot of days, but I definitely feel more at home than I did when I started.

Also, I'm going to be *gulp* 30 in a little more than 9 months. That's ok, I'm actually kind of looking forward to it. I know, weirdo right? ;)

BrightDolphin said...

Sorry, that should be a little *less* than 9 months. :P

Lotus Blossom said...

The older a person gets, the faster time seems to move... probably because when you're 10, there are only 10 years of life to compare 1 year to... but when you're 30, there's 3x that amount (and yes, I know I'm not 30 yet - it's just a round number) and thus the years seem to go by faster. I think that made sense to me... ;)

Yay A!

Oh and Nej... I'm not looking forward to turning 30 in just under a year. I've recently discovered that "getting old" bugs me more than I thought it would and 30 does seem like a big birthday milestone.

BrightDolphin said...

Oh it is a big one Niki. I think that you're already older than me given that you are married and have a 1.5 year old. :P

While technically, I'll be 30, I'm really more like 24 or 25. :)

Kate said...

Yay for Arash doing his exam! So that will be done and out of the way by the time I visit you guys. I remember helping my friend Pascale study for it last year - I think that all Canadians should be required to write the exam every 5 years to keep our citizenship - lots of stuff that is important to know that most people don't know.

lj said...

Arash keeps on trying to quiz me, but I know all the answers. I'm cool! Yes, he will have written the exam, but we aren't sure if the results are instantaneous, or if we have to wait to hear that he passed. He reads a bit every night, but will probably also have to spend a good day studying next weekend.

Kate said...

Pascale found out right away that she had passed - I think it was one of those things where you put your answers right into the computer, so you get your result as soon as you finish... (but I could be mistaken)