Thursday, July 23, 2009

Okay, okay, I get the point

I’m still alive Niki, I have not been lost or anything like that. Just BUSY!

Since my last update:
- Arash wrote and passed the citizenship exam
- A’s aunt came to visit Canada, my sister Kate came down from northern Ontario
- Had Jones/Fard family BBQ with 30 guests!!!
- Had Muslim wedding ceremony (I may or may not have had swine flu at that time)
- Visited Niagara Falls
- Visited Dad’s and went to the beach
- Had a Job in Woodstock (Yay!)
- Got a flat tire at said jobsite and needed to replace two tires on my car - $350. Boo!
- Niki visited with Logan and James
- Went to the zoo
- Visited with A’s grandparents
- Visited Quinn and Rod
- Went camping with other sister and family
- Arash’s grandparents went home
- Underpinned the foundation of a school in Sarnia while doing a tank pull (oops! Actually, the engineers all agree that it wasn’t my fault, I did everything by the book)
- Visited Keely and EK in TO. Went to ROM and stayed the night
- Went to Parry Sound for work
- Saw the old supervisor in Parry Sound (he is well)
- dog stitting Ellie (sister’s dog)
- Started studying for PPE.

It’s been a busy summer so far and it is going to stay busy for a while
July 24 – Sarah, Wes, Eddie, and Sally coming for dinner on their way back home and to pick up Ellie.
July 25 – HP!
July 26-30 – Up in Mattawa for work
July 31 – Arash gets his citizenship!!!
August 1-3 – Trip to C-dub’s cottage
August 4-8 – cramming for PPE while working long hours in Sarnia
August 8 – PPE in London than BBQ with A’s friends in KW
August 9 – Shower for my cousin’s fiancé.

After the 9th though it should slow down. We don’t have any plans for the 15/16 or 22/23. I might do another tri on the 30th of Aug. I have Plantar Fasciitis right now so it will depend on how quickly I can start running again. Marathon this fall is likely off. I will still sign up for IM in November, and just work a lot on biking and swimming in the meantime.

I have a couple of slower days in the office right now since I was rushing to get everything done last week before I had to go up to Parry Sound. It is nice, but on the other hand I am a little bored and this day is dragging on and on and on…

9 comments:

BrightDolphin said...

I hear ya on the work front. I was a busy little bee this week until yesterday at 4:30 p.m.

Today is dragging BIG TIME. It's not that I have nothing to do, it's just that nothing is urgent and after my busy week I want to do nothing today. Blah.

Yay for HP tomorrow! WOOT! I'm possibly heading to London in the a.m. before going to your place, but I'll have my cell with me. :)

Lotus Blossom said...

Wow... that is quite the list of happenings... no wonder you don't have time for your blog! :D

Swine flu... ick! I take it things were mild enough that you didn't go in to get tested / treated.

BrightDolphin said...

Question (because I have no freaking clue), if you have had swine flu, does that mean you won't catch it again come flu season? Or is this like a cold, where you can catch it over and over again?

Off to google. :)

C-dub said...

I could not figure out what "HP" stood for... then when I see that nej is invited and I'm not, I figured it out ;)

You're a busy girl! I'm glad I get to see you for a whole weekend next weekend!

BrightDolphin said...

Haha yes, Harry Potter. :)

I'm going to bring tissues, as I think I might need them.

lj said...

Good Call Jen! Definitely will need tissues!.

Swine flue - mild, I don't think you can get it again, but from the sounds of it the flu shot this year will immunize the swine flu and other flue.

Basically i had a fever and felt like crap for two days and then it settled in my respiratory track. The only thing that makes me think that it wasn't was that Arash didn't get sick.

burger said...

PPE prep = sucky.

Lotus Blossom said...

The flu shot this year will *not* protect against swine flu. However, there will be a second shot (available later) that will. As for who will be eligible or if there will be a cost... I do not know. I have heard that this year's "normal" flu shot will be free for adults (normally, unless you meet certain critera, it is around $20 in AB).

lj said...

Flu shot is always free in ON. Swine flu is also going to be covered. I guess they will just give you the two shots at the same time then.