Tuesday, September 26, 2006

T-4 days and counting

Till I move in with AF that is. Eeek! I'm a little nervous about it, but I'm getting better. For now, we'll be living in his one bedroom apartment (which is normal apartment sized and WAY bigger than my space has been. The only thing I'm really scared about right now is that I've been living on my own for so long, I'm used to my Laura Time where I don't have to worry about anyone else and just do my own thing, make as much mess or noise as I want. That said, the neighboring apartment is a two bedroom place with a storage closet and they are looking for Subletters. We are going to look into that and possibly move over there for the next 6 months or so while we think about where we (read I) want to buy a house. That would solve pretty much all the anxiety I have right there. I'd have a room that I could shut out the outside world and do my own thing in, and that would be wonderful :)

Lotus Bloom (like the new name BTW) asked me on my blog about AFs job situation. I actually haven't posted that on my blog, but I have told those of you that I see on a semi-regular basis. So he got offered the job in Missisauga (he currently works in cambridge (near sportsworld) and they were going to pay him more than what he was making. He hadn't got the official offer, but he went into work and told his boss... "Just so that you know, I've got a verbal job offer and next week when the paperwork gets completed, I'll be coming in and giving my 2 weeks notice". Long story short, the managers got all upset that he was going to leave and they are giving him a $9000 raise (this week will be his first pay check at this rate). His new position will be salaried instead of hourly and he'll be able to bank any of his overtime towards vacation (like on Saturday morning when he went in for 4 hours). We are both pretty excited about this since it'll mean he'll hopefully be able to save up enough over the next two years to be able to go back to school to finish his engineering degree (which he didn't get to finish befor immigrating to Canada).

Hmmmm... Other stuff? Not much. I guess most of the excitement in my life is taken up by those two points. I'm basically running/excersizing in the mornings, going to school during the day and packing at night. I'm really getting there with the packing and should be able to enjoy Grey's Anatomy and CSI on Thursday without having to pack then.

4 comments:

Blythe said...

Awwww, this is such an exciting time for you!! You get to see your man as much as you want now :)

C-dub said...

I hope the upcoming move goes smoothly!

I'm sure there will be an adjustment period for you to get used to living with AF. Don't get discouraged if you get annoyed from time to time, that's completely normal. And have fun!

For me, living with CT has gone really well so far. It is so nice to have someone to talk to every night and the security that comes with knowing we're both in it for the long haul.

lj said...

Yeah, I think with AF and I we are pretty much in it for the long haul (or at least A long haul right now). We've been talking about this for what 3 months now, so yeah, we are both thinking long term. we frequently talk about what is going to happen next year or the year after assuming without a blink of an eye that we'll still be together then.

Oooh, another almost word "loadk"

Lotus Blossom said...

Hmmm... I'm sure you must have posted something on your blog at sometime... otherwise, how would I know?! :)

Congrats to AF on the pay raise!