Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Time for a real update

Well, not much is going on in Laura Land right now. I'm a little sick as I had a horrible cold last week. Feeling a lot better now, though I'm nervous that I ended up missing my peak training week for my tri since I was knocked on my ass all last week. I did get in a long ride and run on the weekend though when I was feeling better.

My long weekend was a day longer than planned since AF had Thursday and Friday off for a software migration at work. I took Friday off and we went to the saug for another meeting with the people he had his interview with a couple of weeks ago. He has been given a verbal offer, but has to still wait to hear the details of it (salary etc). We went to visit with his mum and aunt on friday afternoon and had a good visit with them (his mum even made my chicken soup for my cold :)). I haven't mentioned this before since I didn't know if AF would want everyone knowing, but his Aunt has applied for refuge status and it looks like she'll be here until at least January. She is fleeing an abusive (in all senses of the word - physically, emotionally, and sexually) marriage back in Iran and has next to no rights back in that country. Her biggest obstacle right now is that her mother and children do not support her decision (the children will be able to come over if her refuge application gets approved and it should since her life is in danger if she goes back home).

Saturday morning I got up early and left AF sleeping to get in my long ride. I got back when he had been up for about half an hour, so it was good timing. We picked up my dad's 60th birthday present in the afternoon and went for dinner at Red Lobster - He had never had lobster or crab before so we shared the ultimate feast platter and I think he enjoyed both the lobster and the crab and is eager to go back again.

Sunday morning I was up early again to get my run in. I felt like crap on it, but still managed to run 12 km on the hilly roads near AFs apartment. In the afternoon we took a road trip to guelph and went climbing at the gym there. I'm getting a bit better, but overall, I'm still very amateur! We are going to try to continue going on a semi-regular basis since I just bought climbing shoes the other week at MEC (they were majorly on sale and the right size!)

Monday was the laziest day on earth. We woke up late and watched a movie. started moving some of my stuff over to his apartment (ont even one car load) and then watched another movie at his place.

Today it is back to work and I'm not sure how productive the week will be. For the last hour I'll I've heard is crazy chanting and cheering outside with no end in site - ah, frosh week in Engineering (Who are we?!?!) Fun times for them, but not so good for me. Right now very loud cheering "We love EDCOM, We love EDCOM". God, can't you come up with an original cheer?

Okay, that is all I have to say for now. Enjoy your short week people!

2 comments:

C-dub said...

Yay for the update! I missed you! Sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well. I hope you're in tip-top shape for Saturday!

See you at the beach if you decide to stick around for my race!

Did you decide to rent a wetsuit?

lj said...

No I decided against renting. Aparently the water temperature it 72F which isn't that bad really. Right now I'm planning on sticking around you watch you guys :)