Thursday, December 21, 2006

More Harry Potter news!

JKs website now hase the name of the 7th book listed. You can play the game by going to Jks website, and doing the following:

Go to JKRowling.com. Click on the eraser on her desk.
1. Click doorway in mirror to see Christmas tree.
2. Click on the top half of the door to get the wreath.
3. Click on the top of the mirror to get the garland.
4. Click on the spider web right next to the door to make them go away.
5. Click the 4th chime in the window and get the key for the door.
6. Drag key to unlock the door.
7. Door opens to show a desk with a package.
8. Click the bow on the package and it will open.
9. Click the inside of the package and a game of Hangman is shown where you can play a game to guess the name of the seventh book.
10. You can keep playing till you get it right and when you do a check mark will appear.

Yay! If's she's releasing the name of it that it likely will be out next summer. that makes me VERY happy :)

In Non-Harry Potter stuff. Nothing too exciting is going on in my life these days. I'm busy with school and busy with non-school stuff (visiting friends and family and all that wonderful holiday stuff.

Yesterday I had a meeting with my supervisor and he was asking me whether I have a job yet, the answer of course was no. He said that he might have something for me in the new year. He's talking to a couple of the big modeling companies about getting money to add in the ISCO processes to one of the major 3-D models (think ModFlow or FEFlow). He was wondering if it was something I'd be interested in. I thought it would be cool to see my project to completion, and how cool would it be for my masters thesis to actually really be used in the real world! Neato :) So yeah, looks like I might have some contract work at the uni in the spring when I'm done. Then it'll be off on my own to find a real job :)

3 comments:

Lotus Blossom said...

You could just tell us the answer...

Apparently the book isn't finished yet, so I wouldn't hold your breath for a summer release! :'(

lj said...

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Lotus Blossom said...

Ahh... I caught the tail end of the announcement on the news the other night, but didn't fully hear it. My book of "Book 7 predictions" came in on Friday!