Thursday, March 29, 2007

The End is Nigh!

Of school that is, not life in general, so it is a happy though, not a sad one :)

I'm booking my seminar tomorrow for 3:30 on Friday, April 13th. Good thing I'm not superstitious. I hope to have my thesis in either that week or the week after which should be manageable. Most of my chapters are approved with only two not. Chapter 4 was submitted in draft form to my supervisor yesterday and he'll have 5 (conclusions and recommendations) and the abstract before the end of the day tomorrow. Wahoo. this is a good feeling :)

In other news, well, lack there off. No news on the job front. Hopefully will hear back from one of the companies soon. If I don't hear today, I think I'll call tomorrow (they said they would call by monday - as in the 26th, so I feel justified calling them). I am also going to apply for a couple more companies that have been asking my supervisor if he has anyone finishing up soon. Hopefully I'll have a job soon and I can start work in May!

5 comments:

BrightDolphin said...

YAY! That is awesome news LJ! I can't wait until you are done school and a "working stiff" like the rest of us. I hope you hear from one of those companies soon. They'd be crazy not to offer you something. Of course, this is my completely unbiased opinion... :)

C-dub said...

WOOHOO on the almost being finished your thesis!!! That will be such a relief for you to have that all done.

Let us know what they say when you call those companies tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Wahoo!

Glad you are booking it for the Friday :) I'll update my calendar and will def. be there :D

Eva said...

Exciting! That is very soon. You must be happy!

I can't wait for you to update about the companies. I bet you'll have a few offers soon and you won't know which one to pick.

quinn said...

That's great! It's such a nice feeling to finally be able to see the light at the end of the tunnel!! I hope the last little bit goes smoothly and I'm sure the job thing will work itself out in no time. :)