Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Countdown Homeowner... 22 hours, 9 minutes

So. This is it. One day from now, I will be a proud joint owner of a 1960s side split in the booming metropolis of Woodstock, Ontario. It has been a stressful week. I, like blythe, made the mistake of waiting to the last minute to transfer money into my chequing account. I called last Thursday thinking I had plenty of time, but neglected to account for the fact that it would have to do two bank transfers – one from Manulife to CIBC (my investment banker is CIBC Wood Gundy) and one from CIBC to my chequing account at Scotia. My CIBC account isn’t a regular account that I could go to any branch and get a bank draft. Anywho, CIBC apparently got the money on Friday but forgot to send it on and it takes 48 hours between CIBC and Scotia. Aka, Laura is screwed, but I talked to them first thing yesterday morning and the money was still sitting there, so they prepared a bank draft and walked it over to the scotia branch in downtown Belleville and deposited directly into my account – Crisis averted thank god.

I am very preoccupied at work today, and am not being very productive. I keep getting excited/stressed about our house and impending home ownership. On top of that my IBS appears to be acting up today so my lower digestive tract is giving me grief. I may go home sick early today because I’m in quite a bit of pain right now. And from past experience it is just going to get worse. I’m sticking it out to lunch since I have to go to the bank, but if it doesn’t get better, I may leave early this afternoon.

6 comments:

BrightDolphin said...

Oh! I'm so glad the stuff at the bank was worked out. :)

I hope you feel better this afternoon, I'm sure the stress hasn't helped. Just think, all that will be gone in less than 24 hours! Then you can enjoy! :)

C-dub said...

Glad that everything worked out with the money transfer.

I hope you are feeling better soon. Not much longer until you are a homeowner! Wow! Very exciting!!!!

Anonymous said...

Yay! Can't wait to visitiedoo!

BrightDolphin said...

I hope everything went well with the last minute details! Congrats!

I updated my blog. :)

C-dub said...

Are you feeling better today, madame homeowner?

Congratsies on the house purchase!!! Can't wait to see it!

BrightDolphin said...

Hope you are enjoying your first day in your new house! :D