Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Laura Jones on the run

Yep, I’m officially a fugitive. I committed my first ever punishable offence on Monday night. B&E. I’m a hardened criminal. Though, I do wonder if it is considered B&E when it is your own house you are breaking into?

Jenny is currently residing in Woodstock while we finish packing up our apartment and moving this week. We took her to Woodstock last week since we didn’t want to leave her by herself from Tuesday to Sunday (particularly after just having left her from Thursday – Sunday. Jenny hates car rides, and proved her hatred for it about 2/3rd of the way there when she (while I was holding her) projectile vomited all over the console and Arash who was driving. Nice. So needless to say she stayed in Woodstock this week so that we wouldn’t subject her (or us?) to the trauma of two more car rides.

So Monday night comes around, and I stop in at home to feed Jenny and to put another coat of paint on the stairs. But wait, the “second set” set of keys, you know the ones that we haven’t tried yet. The ones I have with me? They don’t work. Oops. So yes, I had to break into my own house. Luckily over the weekend I noticed that the latch in one of the bedrooms was broken so I piled up paint buckets under the window, slid it open and pulled myself into the room. Standing on three paint pails that came up to my waist put me so that the start of the window was boob height, so it took a bit of muscle power to get myself in, and for a moment I didn’t think I could do it and that I would fall to the ground with disastrous results. Thankfully though I made it. And now have the bruises all over my arms to prove it. I’m in a bit of pain here.

When I got back to KW, I had time to pick up my ring. Yay! I feel like I am officially engaged now since I have the ring to prove it :)

Yesterday I was sick. It sucked. Woke up with a wonky tummy and a bad headache. Headache is gone, but tummy is still not perfect. Kind of coming and going in ebbs and tides.

So that is it for me. Please, no one disclose my location to the police ;)

3 comments:

C-dub said...

I don't think you'll get in trouble since it's your house you broke into ;) Nevertheless, I won't tell on you ;)

Glad to hear that you have your ring back now! I can't wait to see it next Thursday when I see you!!

BrightDolphin said...

You should make sure that you wear sunglasses and a hat when you go outside. A trenchcoat is also a good idea. The police won't suspect that it is you under that clever and totally camoflaging disguise. ;)

Anonymous said...

I won't if you pay me... $1 000 000.

Bwwhaaa!

Have fun with the move. Wish I could help (not really, but I'll think about you).