Thursday, November 22, 2007

In the lane, ice is glistenin'

the title is in honour of the freezing rain advisory in oxford county this morning. I had a couple of mm on my car this morning and it was "raining" my entire drive in this morning, despit the temperature in my car saying -2C.

So, Niki inquires what am I up to?

Man, I’m busy. That is all I can say about that. The last three weeks have been a blur in which I’ve worked around 50 hours each. Ugh. Good news though is that I now have 26.25 hours banked, banked hours don’t expire either which is good since it will allow me to take off some extra time around our wedding next year.

Last week I was out in the field Tuesday – Thursday. And they were long days. As in being at the refinery in Sarnia by 7:30 (had to leave the office by 6:15 which meant I had to be there by 5:45, which = leaving the house by 5 am.). yes. Exhausting. Worked 11-12 hours every day for three days. Friday wasn’t much better. No overtime, but no time to breathe either.

The weekend was good. Nice and relaxing which I needed. Saturday morning we mulled around doing nothing, but by 11 am, we were outside taking care of our lawn. I finished getting the bulbs planted and weeding the garden and walkway (we have a cobble stone walk way, so this involved actually lifting up individual bricks to get at the roots system. Work intensive but it looks much better now. A mowed the front yard one last time and raked the leaves from the front yard. By mid afternoon we headed inside. I made dinner for burger and her DH while A cleaned the house. We tag teamed it, and were done about 10 minutes before they got to our house. We had a nice visit and CH enjoyed getting to watch the Leafs-Sens game in High Def. I didn’t much enjoy the leafs winning at the expense on my Sens, but I guess the leafs need to be thrown a bone once in a while ;)

Sunday I was lazy and read my book most of the day. A was busy studying for his exam. When we woke up on Sunday morning the tree in the front yard had magically lost all of its leaves overnight so it looked like we had done no work. Meh. The bulbs are planted so we will have a pretty garden come spring.

This week has been a little less hectic so far. I’m still uber busy with work, but at least I don’t have field work. Tuesday I went to the Guelph office and hung out with Burger. I’m going to start doing some modelling with their group to help lighten the burden while they are looking to hire someone new. Before my boss approved, he made me promise that I wouldn’t try to transfer offices. It’s nice to know I’m appreciated :). Yesterday I was so busy trying to get stuff done, that I didn’t even take a lunch break!!!

Upcoming: Christmas Party for work on Friday night, and then it is off to Peterpatch to visit Nej and C-dub to celebrate our birthdays. We’ve been heading up there for our birthdays for 4 years in a row now (I think).

I will also post on my other blog about wedding related stuff

3 comments:

BrightDolphin said...

I know what you mean about being busy! That week sounds like a busy one, so it's good that you could relax on the weekend. :)

I'm looking forward to this weekend! :D

Lotus Blossom said...

How was the Christmas party?

C-dub said...

I think it's about time for an update, missy! *hint, hint* ;)