Monday, July 28, 2008

Shocking

Another Blog update already that is ;)

Last week was pretty good. I only had two half days in the field. I think the last time I had a week like that was probably in April. Wow. On Tuesday morning I had to go out to dig a couple of test pits at the sit I spent most of June at, and then on Wednesday one of our main clients had a gasoline spill, so I had to go out with the PM for the emergency response. Really though, there wasn’t much point in my being there.

The weekend was good. A’s mum came down on Saturday and we took her driving. (She is trying to get her full license by the time of our wedding since if A’s grandparents come, she wants to be able to drive them around and out of TO on the weekends). On Saturday night we watched my sister’s wedding video so that A’s mum could see what a north American wedding was like. To be honest, the video was MUCH the same as our wedding will be ;).

On Sunday morning I took A’s Mum driving again, while A worked on the back door. We replaced the spring on the back storm door, the handles, painted the actually door (Hawaiian Cinder http://www.myperfectcolor.com/Match-of-Behr-S-G-710-Hawaiian-Cinder-p/mpc0080979.htm) and replaced the hinges and door knobs on the back door. It looks really good now.

Also, yesterday afternoon I booked our room for the night of our wedding. As D suggested, we are staying at the Montrose Inn in the Campbell Suite http://www.montroseinn.ca/bedrooms.htm. It looks like a really nice place. Plus, Road to Avonlea was filmed there ;) (when Cecily had to go to the Sanatorium when she had tuberculosis.)

In other news, it was decided last week that we aren’t going to Iran or Scotland for our Honeymoon. We have been convinced that October is not the time of year to visit Scotland, and Arash doesn’t want to go to Iran for our honeymoon since the visit would be all about visiting with A’s family and not relaxing and enjoying ourselves. We will save that for another trip. A is pushing for Hawaii , which I admit would be lovely. Personally, I’m pushing for St. Lucia or Greece.

6 comments:

BrightDolphin said...

My vote would be Greece. But I'm mildly obsessed with all things European these days... :)

Anonymous said...

I vote Greece... push for a cruise of the islands I heard it's ammmmaaaaazing. St Lucia is in second :D

Keely

Lotus Blossom said...

I don't know why, but I've always wanted to go to St. Lucia. Though seeing the volcanoes in Hawaii would be neat (but that's the geo in me).

Anonymous said...

My vote is 1) Greece; 2) Hawaii.

But all 3 sound divine.

C-dub said...

I would also vote for Greece! I've never been, but have always wanted to!

But if you're looking for an island with the world's only drive through volcano, St. Lucia it is. I absolutely LOVED St. Lucia... very lush and such a beautiful place! You won't be disappointed if you choose St. Lucia!

Anonymous said...

I too vote for Greece - you could pretend you were the heroine in a Mary Stewart novel!