Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Hello World!

I feel like I am in computer programming 101 where you write your first program in a new language and it is always to print “Hello World!” onto the computer screen. Nerdy me was just going to print the computer code that would write that on the screen in some language (I hadn’t decided which yet) and then I realized, I DON’T REMEMBER HOW. Yay! Computer programming is no longer a language I speak!

Anywho, what am I up to. Today is my Friday . Yep, you heard that right, I have the rest of the week off. Five Glorious Days. Tomorrow I am going to see the Sound of Music (again!) with Sister S, D, and her older daughter. I’m pretty excited. S&D and I went to the Sing Along Sound of Music together in Toronto together and are all big Fans. S probably the biggest Sound of Music fan in the world. On Thursday and I hanging out as S’s house and we are taking the niece and nephew to the sugar bush. I’m excited since I haven’t got to spend much time with S since I finished grad school. In grad school I took off a few weeks and would go and stay with S and work on my thesis from her house and have a good visit. A is going to take the train down on Friday.

Other good news I forgot to post last week. A’s grandparents got a visa to come to Canada! They are arriving on May 5th (sorry burger, looks like we won’t be able to make it to the derby after all). They don’t have their return flight booked as of now, but their visa is for four months. For me to be able to visit Iran, we will have to have a muslim wedding ceremony, and we were thinking to do that when his grandparents are here since they really wanted to come over for the wedding but didn’t get the visa that time.

Week one of tri training done. Went well, I did a total of 2000 metres of swimming, 1 hour 30 minutes of biking, and 30 km of running. Not bad. Probably one of the best weeks I’ve had since… oh, June 2007 ;) This week is going to be not as great with visiting and travelling and what not. I hope to still get in at least two swims, three runs, and one bike. Fingers crossed!

3 comments:

BrightDolphin said...

I remember that, though like you, not how to do it. :)

I'm working on the running thing this year, but might be (MIGHT) be interested in trying a triathlon next year. One of the itty bitty ones. I don't have a bike, but have been thinking long and hard over the last few months that I'd like to start biking.

I've always liked swimming too, so a tri seems like a natural progression. Plus, I'll have access to a pool (my condo!) next year. :D

Lotus Blossom said...

What I remember about programming is re-doing all my C++ assignments the night before the final because they weren't necessarily done as honestly as they should have been the first time around. ;) I was so scared of failing that class. I had a breakthrough at about 3am when I got my "Paint" program to work... I even woke up my roomie in my excitement. Ick...

BrightDolphin said...

How goes the training these days?

I haven't started yet, but plan to once I get a bike. ;)