Wednesday, April 01, 2009

An Overdue Update

So it seems that over three months have gone by since I have done a proper blog update. I needed a break. Didn’t have much to say. Et cetera.

So what have I been up to? Not much to be honest. I can’t believe the winter passed so quickly and that we are gearing up for another field season. For a goodly portion of April I will be out in the field. Yay.

Married life is going well. Not much has changed – if anything at all – since before the wedding. I can’t believe we got married pretty much 6 months ago now. The time has gone so quickly.

I signed up for a triathlon clinic at my gym. I think I am the only one in the clinic that has done a triathlon before. I probably won’t learn much, but it will help to have people to train with – particularily the swimming. I haven’t swum consistently since I was in grad school. I have just gone to the pool once or twice here and there. I went on Monday and man my chest is sore today! And I have to swim again tonight! Ack! I want to do an ironman in 2010, so I really need to get back into shape. These are my triathlon/running goals for 2009.

1) Lakeside triathlon – June 7 (750m/30km/7km) Burger? You wanna do it with me?
2) That Dam Trail Run – June 14 (half marathon) I’m pretty sure that it isn’t real trails. I might be getting in too deep here if I am wrong!
3) Maybe (just maybe) Muskoka 70.3 in September (70.3 = ironman brand Half ironman. 70.3 = total miles in a half ironman – 1.2 mile swim, 56 mile bike, 13.1 mile run)
4) Hamilton Marathon November 1 (eek!)
5) Sign up for IM Florida on November 8 (double eek!)

6 comments:

BrightDolphin said...

Wow, some great goals LJ!

I'm just starting running tonight. On my own this time, but I'd like to get back to 5k distance comfortably.

I'm doing the half-marathon walk in Niagara in October again (that's the plan anyway).

In 17 days, I'm climbing the CN Tower.

That's it for me right now.

If I get comfortable running, I might do the Bread and Honey 5k in June again. I'd love to get below 40 minutes!

Kate said...

Go Laura! I was beginning to worry that you had given up on your Ironman goal - I'm so glad to hear that you're getting back on track... I too keep planning to get back to the pool - it will be a nice change of pace from dry-land workouts.

Ironically, the word that Blogger wants me to verify below is "pects"!

Lotus Blossom said...

I wish I was even a fraction as active as you! Those are some fantastic goals... keep us posted.

burger said...

I'll consider doing Lakeside with you. I have to warn you, my running is HORRIBLE these days. I cannot run without pain in my knee. Not a very nice feeling.

I need to get my a$$ back in the pool and my butt back on the bike.

C-dub said...

Those are some great goals to work towards!

I wanna come cheer you on for IM Florida! And get some relaxing beach time in too ;)

BrightDolphin said...

I was thinking the same thing C-dub! Florida in November! :D