Monday, May 03, 2010

I’m on a roll

Wow, I can get into the habit of this again. Every week I think of things that are blog worthy.

Last week our office hosted all the office and regional managers from Ontario. We had a reception in the office on Wednesday afternoon so that everyone in the office would have the opportunity to meet these people. As they introduced themselves they had to state something that they were doing for their health. Well, the Ottawa office manager said he was training for his 10th (!!!) ironman. Of course, after the meeting I had to ask him which one. Turns out that he, and another Ottawa environmental group employee, are going to do the Florida Ironman as well! So there will be quite the Golder Ontario contingent ;)

This weekend MIL and SIL came to visit us in Woodstock. On Sunday morning MIL and I went for a long run – 21 km, longest I have gone since my Half IM back in 2007 and furthest MIL had ever gone. Run went really well and I felt great all the way through. My hamstrings were tired for a couple of hours afterwards though. We are both going to do the Mississauga half marathon in a couple of weeks. EEK! I was debating with myself as to how I was going to run – go for a personal best? Practice pacing? What? Well, I’ve decided that I’m going to run with MIL and pace her to the time that she should be able to finish in.

Swim this morning sucked, but last Wednesday I did my 2x1000 m workout in 17:30 each! This is 40 seconds faster than I’ve ever done before today. Wahoo!!!

6 comments:

Kate said...

Hey Laura - you still need to change your "About Me"!

burger said...

good for you LJ. Chadlock was asking me how your training was going...

Niki said...

That's neat that there will be others from your company at the Florida Ironman. When is it again?

BrightDolphin said...

Yay LJ! You'll do great at the half I'm sure.

I've been slacking on my own running, so probably no personal best on my 5K. Oh well, I keep trucking along.

I'm not really surprised other Golder people will be there! Lots of people seem to be really fit or trying to get that way around here. It's pretty good inspiration! :)

lj said...

Kate - I just did it... you'll be happy ;) I also decided to own up to my age :)

Niki - race day is November 6, 2010.

Kate said...

LOL! Your Occupation still reads "Engineer to be" though! Yes, I'm being picky, but if I can't be picky with my (29 year old) baby sister, who can I be picky with?!