Tuesday, October 30, 2007

October? Where did you go?

So, it has been a busy busy month in my life. Well, scrap that, it has been a busy several months. Excursions almost every weekend meant for lots of general chores and home improvement projects during the week. We now have most of the big things on our list completed. Doors are painted white and back on. Kitchen painting is complete. Baseboard is installed. There are several small projects left to do (ex. Fix-up painting, fix-up caulking, doing something between flooring types, changing out light fixtures, getting curtains, making a duvet cover, etc), but all the big projects seem to be done (until we decide to tackle the downstairs… dunh, dunh, duuuunnnnhhh).

So my goal for tonight will be to tidy the upstairs a bit and take pictures to post on my flickr account, so that you guys can see the before and after pictures from our house. We had the before pictures out on the weekend to show J&C, and Wow, is there ever a difference! It was hard to really remember what the house looked like before we moved in. Huge change if I do say so myself ;)

Other than that, not much. I am busy with work. I am busy with renovations.

Somehow wedding planning has gotten onto the backburner. I think I really need to start doing some real wedding planning instead of just looking at bridal magazines ;). Mind you, this isn’t the place for this discussion. I will update my other blog instead.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel like I haven't talked to you in forevers.

I'm gonna call you, maybe next week? ok?

lj said...

Sounds good! I'm hoping to have you two and Jess and Paul out sometime soon as well! What are your plans for the next few weekends?

Anonymous said...

Busy McBusy.

Ummm, Nov.10 & 11th we are going on a wine-tasting tour. The 17th & 18ths we will probably finish up the garage - if we don't finish it this weekend...but we could get together in the evening of the 17/18th.

I am free the whole weekend of Nov.24/25th - maybe we could all get together for an LJ birthday?

Anyways, we can chat next week. I also want to talk to you about Christmas Baking Extravaganza 2007 - I was thinking of continuing the tradition, but I'm not sure if you are interested? I think Deb would like to join, and Veronique...

I am in Cambridge this morning...dressed as a strawberry.

lj said...

No one in our office is dressed up. Boo! In fact I forgot it was halloween until they talked about it on the radio.

The 24/25th doesn't work for me :( Friday is my work chistmas party and Saturday we are getting together with Jen and Christine. Perhaps the weekend of the 17/18?

As for the baking - Absolutely! I was thinking about that yesterday! I have a great baking kitchen now, but it would be far for all of you to drive. Deb - VK's girlfriend?