Tuesday, October 02, 2007

La la la

God today has been a slow day for me. I am currently working on an annual liner report for a major landfill and it is BORING. Not really my thing if you know what I mean. Oh well, it is keeping me busy… kind of. Right now I am pretty much reading over it to make sure everything is okay before I send it off to be proof read. Not sure what I am going to do to keep busy the rest of the week since I thought this would take a lot longer that it apparently did. I started writing yesterday and finished around 2:30 this afternoon. Now I’m just reading over to make sure I didn’t miss anything and that it all makes sense. I should also say that I had all the tables and figures done already so there wasn’t much work that I actually had to do. La La La. I’m bored.

So this weekend I start the search for my wedding dress. I have a good idea of what I want, and surprisingly I am strongly attracted to lace. Weird since I’ve always been very put off by it, but I think it is making a hip comeback. I have fallen in love with a couple of dresses that I would never be able to afford (~$5000) unless my dad wins the 649 tomorrow night. Oh well, I’m sure that I will find one that I love that is more reasonable. Actually, even if I were rich and had money to burn, I don’t think I could justify spending that kind of money on a dress that I would wear once.

Our house is finally starting to come a long. I promise I will post before and after pictures soon for everyone to see. This weekend we got our baseboards in, but we have to finish touching them up. Tonight I will be caulking around the edges so that you can’t see any gaps between the baseboard and the wall. We also have got the kitchen almost all painted. We still need another coat of paint though, damn you yellow paint. I think after painting two rooms yellow I have learned my lesson. Yellow paint = pain in the ass. Seriously, the guest bedroom took 4 coats and could still use another, and the kitchen will be 3-4 (4 for things done with the brush, 3 with the roller). We also still need to paint the doors and bring them back upstairs. Eventually we will replace the doors – I think they are probably original from 40-45 years ago and are in pretty rough shape. Too many things too do. It’s all pretty overwhelming to be honest. Hopefully by Christmas all the things currently on our list will be taken care of. Then it will be time to tackle the downstairs with it’s hideous offwhite/beige walls and forest green carpeting.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The lace dresses nowadays are nice. Marie-Pierre had a lace dress, and it was quite beautiful. Good luck with the search.

quinn said...

I'm with ya on the lace! There have been some beautiful dresses with lace in the NY Times Style section section lately (under "Weddings and Celebrations"). I hope you find one you love that's within your budget! :)

Lotus Blossom said...

Have fun wedding dress hunting! Can't wait to see pics of your house...