Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Can we talk about the Weather?

What the heck is going on? The temperature in London yesterday reached a day time high of 14.8 degrees. No joke. This morning I ran outside in a long sleeve shirt and shorts and wished I had a short sleeve shirt on. Today at work we had the “First Annual Global Warming Barbeque” a bbq in January. What the heck. I mean I love warm weather as much as the next person. In fact I would MUCH rather be to warm than too cold. I can sleep no problem in 30+ degree heat, but when it’s a little chilly out come the fleece PJs, down duvet and socks to bed. But 15 degrees in January? That is a little excessive. For the heat not to come on at all in the night in January? Bizarre.

And yet people STILL don’t want to believe in Global Climate Change. The federal government STILL refuses to do anything significant to reduce greenhouse emissions. And people STILL drive one person in an SUV on the 401 at 8:15 am where I know that they are commuting. Drives me NUTS!



Other than that. Jenny is Sick :(. Has been for about a week. She seems to be doing a little better but she still doesn’t want to eat. If I can’t get her to eat anything meaningful (i.e., not chicken off my dinner plate) by tomorrow morning I’m going to take her into the vet. Poor Kitty. She has gone from 14.5 last week to 12 something this week. Funny thing – she stopped eating all out last week – around New years day, so we have been joking that she decided to lose weight as her new years resolution ;). The reason why I haven’t taken her sooner is that a) she is starting to get back to her normal self and b) Dad’s cat lizzie was sick over Christmas and she is back to normal now.

2 comments:

BrightDolphin said...

I actually heard on the radio this morning that 7 of the last 10 January's have had at least one day over 10 degrees. It's becoming more and more common. Not that it's good. Just more frequent.

I actually remember the last time I tried running (2006), it was also 10 degrees the first night I went (also in January). Maybe it's my fault... LOL ;)

I heard something yesterday about the environmental panel (business people no less) recommending that the government put in a "carbon emissions tax". This is from business people, the same people who the government claims would be against the tax. Um, no, there are supportive of the idea. Sometimes the government is stupid.

C-dub said...

I hope Jenny feels better real soon!