Wednesday, January 30, 2008

A real update

So It's been a while since I did a real update.

January has been an intersting month. Pretty busy here at work, but not busy enought to stress me out. My major stress as you all probably know is Jenny. She is back to her normal piggish self and meow's constantly at you until you feed her. She is a lovely cat though ;). She had her follow-up appointment at the vets on Saturday and all of her blood levels came back normal and the vet thinks that she won't have any lasting side effects. She won't have to be on the kidney food forever (thank god, it is expensive!) but she will have to switch to "mature" cat food. Normally cat's would be 8 before they would switch (Jenny is 4 or 5) but apparently it is easier on the kidneys and lower in calories than the normal kidney food.

In other unrelated news, my laptop screen died yesterday and A can't fix it. He looked up things online and it could cost as much at $200 + labour to have it fixed. I don't have that kind of money (mostly due to Jenny's Vet bills), so I don't know what I'm going to do. A is going to call HP and see if they will fix it for me for free. It is just a few months out of the manufacturer's warantee and apparently they will sometimes fix things like this. I did nothing wrong, it was probably just a bum part. For now I have it set up with my old CRT monitor so at least I have a computer at home.

I got some sad news last night. My dad's Cat that we got when I was in highschool died last week when he was on vacation. She was sick over christmas, but when dad was going to take her into the vet she was better. She took a down turn right before he went skiing when he didn't have the time to take her into the vet (like friday night before leaving sunday afternoon). She was truly a wonderful cat and I will miss her dearly. She was the first cat I ever really loved and was the one that made me turn into a cat person. When I had my knee surgery and was feeling VERY sick afterwards she would curl up on my lap and stay with me all day. She was cuddly and kind, and a killer. Seriously, best hunter I've ever seen. Not afraid to kill the odd weasel (including the week of Sarah's Wedding). She had a wonderful life and lived to the ripe age of 11. Lizzie, I will miss you.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

:( How sad. I'm so sorry to hear that.

I still miss my Preppy even though it has been almost 4 years...that really never goes away.

C-dub said...

Sorry to hear about Lizzie. I'm sure she's in kitty heaven playing with my old cat, Caprice!

BTW, check your email. Thought I'd tell you to check since last time it took a few days to check it ;)

Eva said...

Hi Laura,

Long time no chat. I miss all you guys! Sorry for my MIA in the blog scene. I've been trying to spend less time in front a computer and trying to get out more.

Sorry to hear about the cat. I'm slowly turning into a cat person so I can understand how she turned you into one.

Good luck with your laptop. I just paid $200 to get mine fixed and it was only a couple of months out of warrenty too!

Lotus Blossom said...

LJ... where are you? I sent you an email to your hotmail account, but I haven't heard from you. Everything okay?