Friday, March 07, 2008

Um. Hello.

*Sigh*

Ah. Slowness.

The last month or so at work has been Go, go, go. Not so much fun. Most of my lunch hours I have worked through in an effort to get through the backlog of work. Well. Finally, as of right now, I don’t have anything majorly pressing that I have to take care of. Well, there are things, but everything I am waiting for someone else to send me information, review a report, etc. There is stuff I can do to keep myself busy as I still do have a backlog of work, but it all has deadlines well into the future. I think I will spend some time this afternoon clearing off the mess that is my desk. That would be good.

So what is new in the world of lj? Not much to be honest. I have just been working my but off for the last month. I have also been fighting a cold since Christmas which keeps on threatening to get worse, but so far hasn’t been that bad. I have a feeling that with my new found slowness at work, it will come charging on next week.

One exciting thing that I am starting to work on is a big remediation job here in London. The site is contaminated with chlorinated solvents and they are using soil mixing to lower the concentrations (dilution IS afterall the solution to pollution ;)) and then excavating the soil out. It is a pretty big job that is supposed to take until the end of May. My job is to conduct air monitoring to ensure worker safety (part time, not every day) and to go out there with a drill rig to take samples of the mixed soil for classification (haz vs. non-haz). Fun stuff. I wish it were an in situ job (ISCO anyone ;)) but the land belongs to the city of London and they don’t want anything in situ.

Any who. Not much else going on here. I will update my wedding blog as well for wedding related stuff.

3 comments:

BrightDolphin said...

Yay for updates! :)

I figured you were really busy. Work can be work sometimes can't it?? LOL

C-dub said...

I hope you have a great weekend and have time to relax... sounds like you need it!!!

Anonymous said...

So glad you updated!

You might like this, they are doing a PRB at project-from-hell. Exciting.

We'll have to get together sometime soonish. I still have your Grey's DVD. It was deliciously wonderful.