Monday, December 22, 2008

And Now for Something Completely Different

No more political ramblings for this girl ;) At least for now.

So it has been a busy 2 weeks in Laura Land. I made the mistake of saying I wasn't completely busy on the 8th and I have been swamped since then. My Desk looks like a drawer expoded or something. The week of the 8-12 was busy scrambling to organize a field program for a Phase II in Windsor that has a short timeline and then last week I was in Windsor from Monday night until Friday night. Boo! Just where I wanted to be right before christmas.

The 12th was A's Christmas Party at work. I sometimes feel awkward around his coworkers since I have like 0 in common with most of them. His boss and I get along wonderfully, but she didn't go this year. My solution this year. Drink too much. Yep, totally mature. The 13th we planned to get our christmas shopping done, but I was nursing a hangover to end all hangovers and we only ended up getting a little done. I was feeling better by the evening though and managed to stay up for the christmas baking extravaganza which was fun as always. We missed QC and EK, of course, but EL, JC, and Robin were great additions. Sunday we cleaned the house and I think that is mostly it.

Last week I worked 60 hours. Boo! Test pitting Tuesday and Wednesday, Drilling Thursday and Friday. We still aren't done the work, but will be back in the new year to finish the work. We probably have another day of drilling and test pitting and 2 days for GW sampling and surveying. Fun.

Saturday we finished our christmas shopping. We ended up staying in Woodstock and hitting up a bunch of different stores - Winners, Staples, a local stero store, home depot, a local pet store and a local camera store. We ended up crossing everyone off our list, and avoided crazy mall parking lots! It actually wasn't too bad, and kind of pleasent. I'm glad we decided not to head into London/Kitchener.

Sunday we watched movies, shovelled the driveway (we are in a winter wonderland right now. There is about half a metre of snow on the ground. We shovelled the driveway this morning between 6:30 and 7 and by 7:45 we had another 5 cm of snow! ack!) and wrapped our christmas presenets, so we are almost ready to head off to Belleville. We just have to pack our bag and work another 2 days. Christmas plans are shaping up to be another busy year. 24-26 in Belleville, 27-28 in Ottawa, 28-31 in Quebec skiing, 31-1 in Belleville, 2-4 in Woodstock. Yikes!

3 comments:

C-dub said...

Sounds like you've been quite busy at work lately! I'm glad to hear you get some decent time off over the holidays - make sure you take some time to relax ;)

BrightDolphin said...

So they made you stay in Windsor on Friday, huh? How was the drive home?

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and Arash! :D

lj said...

we drove back friday evening. it wasn't too bad of a drive to be honest. Snow covered in places, but we were about 2 hours after the storm.