Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Snowed in On Christmas Eve

I'm working from home this morning. It took us 1.5 hours to clear the driveway (WITH the snow blower. yikes!). We finished just around the time I would have to leave on a non-snowy day to make it to work on time. But... The road wasn't plowed yet. Still isn't, so I'm not going anywhere for now. We have about a foot of snow on the road and a nice big snow bank blocking our road at the end. We have to head out to Sister Sarah's this afternoon, so hopefully the snow plow will come by soon, if not, the neighbours have apparently said that they will help push us out of the snowbank when (not if) we get stuck.

I've been diligently working so far this morning. I am heading back to windsor from Jan. 5 to 8th so I need to get stuff organized for that, but after 2.5 hours of work, I'm mostly there. Funny how much more efficient you are when you aren't getting bugged by people all the time! I have some other stuff to work on that isn't high priority, but I might as well get started on it so that I won't have to worry about it later. When I was working, Arash played Snowblower Santa Clause and went around to help all the neighbours get out of their driveway. Now everyones ways are clear, we just have to wait for the city plow to come by our street!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i asked Pradeep whether he'd prefer to save up for a tv or a snowblower and he said tv. i hope he remembers that next time we're buried again!

Anonymous said...

How come you started typing names?

Kate said...

Don't you think that "Sister Sarah" sounds very holy :-)