Wednesday, November 08, 2006

So my faithful readers

(Are you still faithful even with the lack of updates?)

Several of you have been asking me to update my blog. Yeah, I haven't had a real update since Oct. 17. Oops, that was over 3 weeks ago now. My bad. I've been busy.

So, what have I been up to? The week on the 16-20th was a really busy one for me at school since I was trying to get lab work done to verify (or validate, not sure which one) my model. On Friday of that week I was actually at school from 7 am to 7:30 pm. Not fun especially given that it was a friday. On the weekend after I went to visit my sister to see her new born bundle of joy. Pictures from my trip can be found here.

The following week was busy trying to get all my lab data organized which I seem to have failed miserably at. Something happened with the IC results and we need to sort it out ASAP since we will likely have to redo the experiment and need to know what went wrong last time before we can sort it out. That weekend though was a blast, we went down to Windsor for J&Ps Wedding (don't have the pictures up yet, sorry!) Good times were had by all.

Last week was more busy-ness at school nothing big is standing out in my mind except that on Wednesday I joined weight watchers online (at todays weigh in, I was down 1.7 pounds, so hopefully this will work :)) On the weekend I worked on my research and that is pretty much it :)

Oh, one thing I did remember to do last week though was upload my pictures from the Wasaga beach tri(du)athlon. They can be found here

One last thing that I have forgotten. At the end of October my inheritence finally came through, and I bought a laptop. I lurve it :)

2 comments:

Blythe said...

Nice piccies!

And since I've been to hell and back with nit-picky word choices, I believe the proper term you are looking for is verify. You validate your model when you compare it to other models, and your verify your model when you compare it to field/lab data.

It's nice to see you blogging again. You better keep it up because I am going to need a daily dose of Lamella once I start work.

Blythe said...

From what I have gathered, there definitely seems to be some confusion as to which term is better suited. Personally, I think either term is fine as long as you are consistent, however, I had to go with the boss' reasoning since he pays (was paying?) the "big bucks".