Wednesday, September 24, 2008

I have a new car!

Well, not new, and not yet, but I did come to my decision. My new car will be a 2005 Silver Camry with 37,000 km on it. It is pretty :) and it is in good condition. I should be able to pick it up on Thursday or Friday. Yay!

Wedding stuff is coming along well. We had a party for co-workers on Saturday that can't come/weren't invited to the wedding. All day saturday I spent preparing food. there was a lot of it. Fruits, veggies, nacho dip, cheese straws, lemon bars (I had memories of making them in Quinn's Appartment that one year at christmas!), chocolate chip muffins, nut burgers, scotch eggs, and deviled eggs. Oh my. Now we have all the leftovers... some items were more popular than others though, but I guess you expect that kind of thing.

All of the big stuff is taken care of for the wedding now, I've even confirmed with most of the vendors. There are still a few small details that we still have to figure out though. like wedding vows, and order of speeches and that sort of thing.

On the weekend we got our honeymoon all booked. before, we just had the flights.

Our itenerary.

Arrive in Calgary 8:30 MT on Oct. 5.
Oct. 6 - Either see calgary or drumhellar - I think Arash would like it - and then drive to edmonton, hopefully stopping for a visit with a certain awesome family in blackfalds
Oct. 7 - Drive from Edmonton to Jasper where we are camping. Do some hiking
Oct. 9 - Drive from Jasper to Banff where we are staying at THE BANFF SPRINGS HOTEL!!!!!!!! (Expedia had rooms for super cheap! more than $100 off the regular price!)
October 12 drive back to Calgary in the evening for the Red eye flight home.

We plan on doing quite a bit of hiking when we are out there and seeing the sights and what not. I'm getting really excited. This is my first vacation in well over a year, and I definitely need it. Now I just have to make it through 4.5 days of work... I'm almost at the point of counting down working hours left!!!

7 comments:

C-dub said...

Glad you found a car that you liked; that's great!

And it sounds like the wedding plans are really coming together - I am so excited for your big day!

And your honeymoon sounds fabulous! Take lots of pictures!

BrightDolphin said...

Congrats on the new addition! ;)

Your trip sounds like a good one! And yes, take lots of pictures! :D

Lotus Blossom said...

You're staying at the Banff Springs... that's awesome! Such a gorgeous hotel.

Can't wait to see you!

Anonymous said...

FYI - Calgary to Edmonton is about 3 hours, Drumheller to Edmonton is about 5 hours (actually that is to the park, not the town) and Edmonton to Jasper is about 4 hours.

Make sure you bring some kind of air mattress for camping! It will be cold

Sarah

Lotus Blossom said...

Do we get one last post from you as an un-wed gal?

Anonymous said...

Hey there... I'm a bit late but the honeymoon sounds great. I think that he who shall not be named and I stayed at that hotel right around this time a number of years back... Seems this time of the year is the "off season" so you get great deals! It was gorgeous have fun!

kbum

C-dub said...

So when do we get to hear about your honeymoon?!?

Trying my best to have patience here!