Monday, September 15, 2008

What a week.

So I guess the last time I updated was September 4… A lot has happened since then.

That weekend we went to Toronto to visit A’s mum. We took care of some wedding things and did some shopping. I got new contacts (not sure that I like them), and a new jacket (white trench, in hindsight, not the best option for me), and make-up for the wedding. Expensive make up. I shouldn’t have spent that much. Oh well, I never spend money on make-up, so once every three years, splurging isn’t a big deal.

On Monday morning I was driving in to work to do my timesheet and take care of a couple of loose ends before I went up north again for the week. I went around a bend in the road just 500 metres from my house, and the light blinded me. I haven’t driven that way in about 2 weeks, so I didn’t realize it was the time of year that the sun is blinding on the drive into work, so I was driving faster than I normally would. (40 in a 40 zone, but when the sun is blinding (about two weeks in September and two in April), I would normally drive around that bend at no more than 30). I got into the shade and all the sudden I see a parked truck about 5 metres in front of me. I tried to veer, but I didn’t have time. I hit it with the front passenger side of my car. The truck was a 1984 truck, in sustained not too much damage. Solid steel construction at what not. My car on the other hand was totalled. No worries about me though. I am relatively okay. Very shooken up, with a sore hand – my thumb got stretch back by the steering wheel, but no serious injuries. I got the call from the insurance person last week. $18,000 to fix it. Nice. So now I’m in the market for another car. I have to sort it out before Thursday or pay extra for a rental car. Boo.

I still ended up going north, but much later than planned. I wanted to leave Woodstock at 10:30 and didn’t end up leaving until almost 4! They sent another girl up with me to drive though, so that was nice.

I took last Friday off to get some wedding stuff taken care of. I did my trial hair run on Friday and then went for my second dress fitting (it still fits!). Made some head way with ceremony music and went bridesmaid dress shopping with D&M on Friday evening. We didn’t find anything, but D assures me she will find one this week. On Saturday I went to meet with the DJ, got presents for people in the wedding and picked up A from the train station. My sis came over that evening and got us all organized for the wedding. I now have a list of all the things I have to do before the wedding. Hopefully I can manage to get everything on it done!!! On Sunday we met with our officient for the second time and I have a digital copy of the ceremony. After that, we drove to Toronto and picked up a CD with our engagement photos on them on the way through Trenton. They are AWESOME! I’m going to post them (at least some of them ) on facebook when I get a chance. I’m so happy with they way they turned out. Last night we took my dad to see Spamalot for Father’s Day. It was actually his birthday yesterday too! He really enjoyed the show. I think A did as well. He was laughing quite a bit, but I think he missed some of the humor in the songs due to the language.

6 comments:

C-dub said...

So sorry to hear about your accident!!! I'm glad you're okay though! That's too bad about your car... I hope you find a new car without much hassle.

Glad to hear the wedding plans are coming together! Can't wait until the big day, it's going to be awesome!

Anonymous said...

Oh my Laura!!!! Are you ok?

BrightDolphin said...

Thank goodness you are ok! What a week!

lj said...

Yeah, I'm okay burger. My thumb is a little sore, but it is just soft tissue damage - a bruised muscle or something like that.

C-dub said...

How is the search for a new car going?

Lotus Blossom said...

Glad to hear you're okay. Not so good news for the car...