Friday, September 19, 2008

Two updates in one week. Oh my!

I’m actually sitting here today at work, and I’m a little light on work. Yay! This is the first time this has happened since, I don’t know, February? I don’t think I’ve had to ask anyone for work since Christmas. I’m going to relish in it for a bit. I’m sure there is stuff I can do (like clean out the equipment room and order stuff, and what not, since I’m supposed to be in charge of it, and haven’t done anything since July really. Ooopsies! I just compile one of my Huge @ss reports that we have to do every year. The report itself is 70 pages with all the figures, tables, and appendices, it is two three inch binders! Anywho, sent it off this morning to Mississauga for senior review. The other report I had to do for this project that has been hanging over my shoulders has been cancelled. Yay! We had to do interim and annual reports, and the interim got cancelled because the landfill has officially been closed and cover is complete.

Sure, there is stuff I could do, write PDFs for the appendices (boring! This would take like 2-3 hours, of printing files to a PDF writer – Last year I had a tech do it), Coordinate the fall sampling of a landfill that I’m apparently now in charge of, and work some magic in the equipment room, but I’m going to relax a minute instead. Bad employee ;). I was actually out at a site in Woodstock this morning and they didn’t have enough holding tank capacity to dewater the excavation to continue excavating and sampling, so I had work to do, just not anymore.

So Christine was asking how the car shopping is going? Truth – too many options. I think it is much harder to buy a used car than it is to buy a new car. Not only do you have to narrow down on which model you want, but you also have to decide between a dozen different cars with different mileage, different years, and different price tags. On top of that, do I buy a car in Woodstock? In London? In Kitchener?

We decided we wanted an ’04 to ’06 Camry with lowish mileage, but even then, there are half a dozen options. I went to Kitchener Monday night, Woodstock Tuesday night, and London Wednesday night. I have driven 5 camrys, 1 used matrix and the 09 corolla (I don’t want to buy it since it will cost more to get the things that I had on it last time and I don’t want to be paying for that for another 60 months… It did drive nicer than my 08 corolla, but still no comparison to a camry).

I have my top favourite at each dealership. There is an 06 Camry in London with 45 Ks, it is gold coloured though and I think it is kind of ugly. The interior is immaculate, but the exterior have a few chips in the paint, and the front bumper looks like of like it is was in a fender bender and wasn’t properly fixed which has me nervous. In Woodstock there is an 06 camry with 113 Ks, but is 3000 cheaper. Not as immaculate inside, but better outside and a nicer colour (grey). In Kitchener there is a 05 with 30 Ks, cheaper than London, more expensive than Woodstock. It is silver. We haven’t had a chance to look on the inside/outside yet though, so I’m not sure the condition it is in. We are going to see it tonight after work, so I have to leave a little early. Right now this one is the front runner, but that could all turn upside down tonight.

6 comments:

C-dub said...

Good luck with the car shopping tonight! I hope you get it all sorted out!

BrightDolphin said...

Hope you can find one that you like!

What, no yellow? :P

lj said...

Yellow is okay, gold, not so much.

BrightDolphin said...

I hear ya on the gold. Ew!

BrightDolphin said...

So how goes the search? Any winner yet? :)

Lotus Blossom said...

My Saturn was gold... a nicer shade, not too ugly. Hides dirt really well. ;)