Thursday, May 19, 2005

Random thoughts

1) Saw Zachary last night. He is definitely a cutie... even when he is going poo (was holding him then!). tiny hands and nose, and well everything. It is fun to visit babies, but I don't want them for a LONG time myself. Just not at that point in my life yet. (Good thing too since there isn't any man! mind you, I could always go the Artificial way... but I digress, I'm not ready).

2) I've been trying to find my passport for like a week now. I need to send off my stuff for OGS (note, it is already like 3 weeks late) and it is nowhere to be found. So far I have looked everywhere I think it could be and I have stopped just short of tearing apart my apartment. Hopefully it shows up this weekend when I'm cleaning top to bottom, otherwise, I'll need a new one. :(

3) Election talk - will there? won't there? sounds like a no right now. Aparently another of the independents has said that he'll vote with the liberals and NDP so as long as all the liberals and NDPs show up today it'll be okay. Carolyn Parrish is sick (possibly with appendicitis), but is planning on sticking it out today for the vote. Wonder what this means as far as elections go? The liberals will win a confidence vote 153 to 152, but how long before the conservatives and the bloc force an election on a different issue? I'm happy though that the budget is going through, I think that it will be the best thing for canada, maybe we need an election, but we also needed this budget. (I'm actually going home to watch CPAC this afternoon cause I'm a nerd).

4) As for me feeling old? not really. I feel the same as I have always felt. I have always followed politics pretty closely (ever since like grade 8), so it really isn't something new for me. However, with that said, as every day goes by, I keep noticing all this young kids around me, and not really wanting to hang out with them. A few years ago it was the 18 year olds, but I think that they are now the 20 year olds, in another 5 years it'll be the 22 year olds, etc, etc. So I guess in that respect, I'm going to have to admit one of these days that yes, I am infact growing up.

5) Dinner Parties. Love them too JC! I've been itching to throw one for a while now, but my apartment is too small :( Maybe you, C-dub, and TE can come to KW sometime this summer for a dinner party, some board games and a movie :)

That is it for now I guess, I have to finish my assignment solutions for the class I am ta-ing incase any of the nerds come to me for help today (nerds because it was put up on the web yesterday at 4).

2 comments:

BrightDolphin said...

Yay for dinner parties! :o)

I don't know if I feel old. I don't really think so, but I do know that I find it more and more irritating being around teenagers... LOL At least the ones on the subway...

I think I'm getting more mature but at the same time, my fave show is South Park and I'm going to buy Team America today so I guess I can't claim too much maturity! ;o) Like I said, I think I'm getting more cynical. I blame the discovery that there is, in fact, no Santa... it was all downhill from there.

C-dub said...

Count me in for the dinner party! Sounds like fun ;)