Monday, May 15, 2006

Busy Bee

So this weekend was one word. Busy. Yep, lots of people to see, and only two short days to do it.

I left school at 2:45 on Friday and by 4:30 we were on the road headed east. We stopped breifly in TO for dinner with Dad and N. I had the salted black licorice from banff to give to my dad so it worked out well. After staying there too long we finally got back on the road and were making good time. Just outside belleville it occured to me "Oops, I forgot to give the salted black licorice to dad... wait... shit... I forgot my purse at N's". Yep. Not cool. We got off the highway in belleville and drove to my dad's where I called him. We both decided that I should carry on my merry way and do my best not to get arrested for driving sans licence. All this put me way behind schedule. We got back on the road headed to Ottawa at around 9:45. I called E to make sure that is was okay that we were going to be crazy late, she said it was so on we went. We ended up getting to her place at 12:15 and chatted for well over an hour before going to bed.

Saturday morning we did a driving tour of Ottawa and gatineau including brunch in the byward market. good times. I love Ottawa. Definitely a place I'd want to live. Saturday afternoon we visited with my Granny, saturday dinner was with my aunt, two uncles, and cousin. I think those that hadn't met A before thought he was very nice. After dinner we went downtown to visit A's friend from back home. They seemed like a nice couple and their 5 year old son was very cute.

Sunday morning I visited my Granny again, while my uncle showed A around the hightech areas and Granny came to my aunts for lunch which was nice. The drive home fit into our busy weekend schedule stopping in Castleton to drop something off for middle Sis. In Toronto we had dinner with A's mum and sister, and stopped to pick up my purse before getting back to town late last night.

Other important things - 1) My granny is doing much better than I was expecting after talking to my aunt. She over reacts and I was expecting Granster to be doing much worse than she is. 2) A has an interview this morning at RIM. Should be 1 hour in right now... it is a three hour interview! craziness! I hope he gets the job. It'll probably mean that we will get to spend less time together, but I know that he would much prefer this to what he is doing now.

No comments: