Monday, May 29, 2006

The real update

Okay, so I've posted some information as of later - specifically god daughter cuteness, but I still haven't updated from my cali trip... I'll skim throught the last two weeks quickly...

May 20 - Saw DaVinci Code. Pretty good, I wasn't dissappointed that they left anyone big thing out, but I wasn't as captivated as I was with the book.
May 21 - Up at the crack of dawn and off to Cali. In the evening was the "Speakers Reception" where I thought I would be a lonely loser, turns out I met Kbum's friend and we ended up hanging out.
May 22 - Presented X's Poster and met some other academics that seemed pretty cool.
May 23 - My presentation Day! went well, I was nervous and talked fast, but all in all it went okay. In the afternoon we rented bicycles and biked along the cost (stay tuned to photoblog for cali pictures!)
May 24 - Conference in morning and flying back in afternoon, evening and night. Tired!
May 25 - Slept to after 1 pm when I got home at 9 am. Note to Self - Never take the red eye!
May 26 - Off to sisters house. Pretty uneventful. don't know whether I'd mentioned it before, but she has popped and is looking pregnant now.
May 27 - Busy day - breakfast with S&W, to my dad's to grab the canoe and lunch with D&C (and to meet Kailey!) and then an afternoon of Canoeing on the Bay of Quinte (I never realized just how beautiful it is! weird since I lived there for the first 19 years of my life!) Then a detour through prince edward county (again beautiful!) and back to my dad's for dinner.
May 28 - Up earlyish to head back to the big city. AF was working on his assignment in the afternoon, I read and had a very long nap (too long as sleeping was a little disturbed last night) and then it was back to my apartment last night.

Think I hit all of the highlights there. I'm tired this morning, but today is my first Dt Coke free day. I want to make it at least a couple of weeks before I have one to make sure I've weened my addiction again. I've done this before I can do it again! Happy Monday all!

3 comments:

C-dub said...

Glad that your presentation went well!

God-daughter #2 is adorable!

Lotus Blossom said...

How far along is your sister, now that she's "popped"? :D

lj said...

She's due in mid october, so I guess she's at 4.5 months... she popped right around 4 months.