Monday, May 08, 2006

*yawn*

I'm a busy girl these days.

The several weeks have been very hectic trying to get everything done for the conference I have to go to in California in a couple of weeks. Right now I'm working on my presentation and waiting for my last model runs to finish (two sets are looking like they are going to take forever now. Bah. Hopefully I'll have thos results by Wednesday morning.

Other stuff - let me think, I'm waiting to hear back from the doctors on the first slew of tests that I've had to try and identify Ethan Coli (my affectionately named parasite) (I've had blood work, an ultra sound and of course, the wonderful stool samples.) Hopefully we now have a little more insight to what this may be and hopefully we can get it sorted out.

This past weekend I spent most of my time with AF (until yesterday afternoon when he needed to do an assignment, and I needed to work on my presentation. We looked at mountain bikes for him on saturday afternoon which is always fun. I love bike stores :). I also got a few used DVDs... Mr. and Mrs Smith, Sideways, and Bride and Prejudice. 3 for $24, not a bad deal.

This coming weekend we (AF is pretty sure he's going to come) are going to Ottawa to visit with Eva on Friday/Saturday and my family on Saturday/Sunday. To add to my already stressed out self (with this conference and Ethan), I found out a couple of weeks ago that my granny really isn't doing well and she's pretty much started the slow decline to death. The doctors have said that they can't treat the problem they can only treat the symptoms. My aunt (always the family melodramatic) thinks my granny will pass away this summer, however, my Father thinks this is just Auntie J being Auntie J and that the Granster will stick around until at least seeing S&W's baby and K's return from Africa this fall. Either way she probably won't be with us this time next year. This makes me incredibly sad. And I don't want to go into too much detail here since I don't want to start bawling at school.

Oh yes, one last thing that I forgot. I updated my photoblog, and will probably update several times this week with pictures I've taken in the past couple of weeks. I'm trying to not be a slacker on this anymore!

1 comment:

Blythe said...

Oh that's so sad. I'm sorry to hear that about your Granny.