Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Feeling a little better this morning

It is amazing what a good night sleep can do to a girl. I calmed down a bit and then thought about this on my run this morning. I'm going to talk to marguarite (the grad secretary) about filling out an intent to graduate form so that I know what the dealio is. I might be able to work it so that I am out of my apartment at the end of september with no withdrawl fee. I just have to make sure it is okay if I submit my intent to graduate form a little on the early side. (My optimistic goal is to be done by the end of september, but more realistically it'll be the end of october, but for the month of october I'm not going to be in at school much anyways.)

So anywho, I talked to my dad last night about the possibility of AF and I moving in together. His response was pretty much what I thought he would say.

Dad: "Do you want my opinion or my permission?"
Me: "Well, I'm 25 years old, I don't need your permission, but I want your opinion"
Dad: "I can hardly say no since your mum and I lived together for 8 months before we were married"
Me: "So, what is your opinion?"
Dad: "I'm not going to say anything that'll influence your decision, you're 25 years old now, you've been making good decisions for a while so I'll just have to trust you to do what you think is right for you. I'm pretty sure that Jane would have agreed with me on this".

So that is where things stand right now. I don't mind being in my apartment a month longer, it isn't that big of a deal, but it would suck to be stuck in it for October since I want to be in belleville a lot then (with S&W's baby due then). Also, should anything happen with AF, it'll be okay since I'll only need to be in waterloo a couple of days a week, I can easily crash on other peoples couches for a day.

2 comments:

Lotus Blossom said...

Sounds like the talk with your Dad went well. When I moved in with JB I found out that my parents had lived together before getting married... never knew until then.

Lotus Blossom said...

What's new in LJ's world these days?