Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Quiet place

The school that is. No one is around and everyone is on holidays. So it is pretty quiet in here these days.

Weekend Recap
Friday - I went for a bike ride with PS in the afternoon and it felt good. I'm getting stronger during these long bike rides and I am able to ride longer and faster than I used to be able to. We did 56 km averageing over 25km/hour not super speedy, but good for me considering the distance. One thing though, is that it is mighty uncomfy in my saddle that long. I need to do something about that. We then (AF and I) drove to B-ville.

Saturday - We were planning on going to the beach but woke up to rain and cool temps. No beach for us after all. We ended up heading into town and went to the bike store. AF bought a new bike (he's been looking for a while) and ended up getting a fantastic deal on a Norco mountain bike - Reg. $900, got it for $700 including tax which would be around $620+tax so around $280 off (it was last years model and the guy just wanted to clear it). I got a new bike saddle as well. We rented two movies (Syriana and Match point), and headed back to my Dad's

Sunday - Lots of visiting. Danielle and her family came over for lunch so we got to see the new baby and play with Maddy for a while. I dunked her underwater which she didn't like, but didn't stay mad at me for too long. I'm a firm believer of "dunk early and dunk often" when it comes to swimming and children. The more you do it, the less afraid they will be. In the evening we packed into the car and headed off to Sarah and Wes's where we had dinner and visited for a few hours before going back to belleville. I got to feel the baby kick which was pretty cool.

Monday - We lazed around at my dads for most of the day and went for a bike ride to test out AFs new wheels (awesome!). Around 1 when eating lunch we discussed what time we were going to leave and realized that unless we left then there was really no point in going for several more hours since we didn't want to contend with TO traffic. So more swimming and lazy around ensued. We got back to the Loo at around 8 pm. Very tired, and perhaps a little too relaxed to be working the next day. When I got back to my apartment Jenny was all lovey dovey and curled up in my lap (a rarity) for like 40 minutes while I talked to KB on the phone. Good talking to you chicky (if you are reading!).

Tuesday - I ended up sleeping in to 8:45 (remember, too relaxed to be working!) and decided to work from home since I could start right away instead of having to head into school and do those pesky things like getting dressed.

So that is what I've been up to. In other dialogue.

Tour De France. Yes Niki, I was watching again this year and I have to say. Stellar viewing all around. I love floyde and I'm so glad he won. It'll be interesting to see what happens after his hip surgery whether he is able to get back to this level again. I hope no one dares put that astricks beside his name because the big contenders weren't there. That guy showed guts, determination, and sheer passion for the sport to win the race and that should be enough.

My Photoblog. I updated again last night in hopes to inspire myself again. I'm looking at new cameras tonight. I've been wanting a digital SLR camera for a while now, so I'm thinking of biting the bullet and purchasing it. These are the ones I'm looking at right now.

Canon Rebel XT
Nikon d50
Nikon d70

3 comments:

Lotus Blossom said...

Did you bite the bullet?

BrightDolphin said...

Hey LJ, did you like Syriana? I found it confusing and didn't really like it. It was disappointing because I really thought it would be better.

lj said...

I'll update later (tomorrow?), but no, still thinking about which camera I want. I don't think it is a purchase I want to rush into.

I did like Syriana, but it is definitely one where you really have to pay attention to.