Thursday, July 13, 2006

An update you want

an update you'll get. My world is tilting at a strange angle these days and you'll see why later in this post.

Weekend: great weekend with the girls in peterborough, I'll post a full race report if people want it, but to be short and sweet I'll leave it like this... I woke up with a wonky tummy and ignored it forcing down food (weird for me!) and did the race (wanting to throw up on the bike, why don't I practice biking hard, like ever?) and still managed to start the run 1 minute faster than last year. Didn't last though as my running is sucking and finished 1:10 slower than last year, but I'm pretty happy with that. Entered in weight category and finished 3/6 so I got a nice little plaque, but was only 5 seconds off the gal in second (had I known she was registered in the weight category I wouldn't have let her pass. Oh well.)

Monday morning I woke up still feeling off, but more so. I stayed home all day and slept a good portion of the day. Not eating much since I was feeling quesy and gross (not to mention lower GI stuff to boot). Laura's World Tilt 1: my dad informed me last week that I would likely be getting money from Granny's will but didn't go into details about anything. I thought, cool, I'll be able to pay off my debt and start real world with a fresh slate. Not so. I found out monday morning that my Granny was, in fact, a millionaire. She so did not live like one, but I guess that would be WHY she was a millionaire (she would go to a grocery store because bananas were 0.19/pound instead of 0.29). So turns out, I'll be inheriting somewhere over $60,000 from her and now have to decide what I'm going to do with the money. Buying a house seems like a really good option right now.

Tuesday I wake up feeling slightly better, and head into school. Around 10 am I get an e-mail from my dad. Weird tilting incident 2: My dad is now engaged to be married. He is in Japan on vacation with Nora (well, Taiwan now), but has apparently been thinking about it for a while. I've had a couple of days to mull over this and I can honestly say that I don't feel any different. I'm upset and hurt by my father that he didn't talk to us about this first. I realize it is his decision, and I do want him to be happy, but honestly, I don't think I'm ready for this. My mum just passed away 3 years ago, and I am not ready for him to remarry again since I still miss my mum so much. It has been a couple of very upsetting days regarding this. I am going to send him an e-mail tonight and let him know how I feel.

Wednesday morning I woke up feeling gross again and tried going to school anyways. Was home again before noon and slept most of the day... again... No weird new news, just feeling like shit most of the day.

Brings us to today. Still nothing weird going on (other than my two weirdo peices of info from the beginning of the week). I'm feeling somewhat better, but am still getting weird bouts of stomache upset here and there. Hopefully it will be back to normal by tomorrow.

Anywho, I'm heading home now, so I hope you all have a wonderful day.

6 comments:

C-dub said...

Whoa, you've had quite the week!

Blythe said...

I'm so happy (money, wahoo!) and so sad for you :( If you ever want to chit-chat, you can talk to me whenever you want.

BrightDolphin said...

Sounds like a real emotional rollercoaster... We can't help how we feel, especially when it comes to loss and hurt. It's even tougher when you want to be supportive of someone else. I hope you feel better soon.

Out of curiosity, where would you be looking at houses?

lj said...

nej - Probably the waterloo area. I don't want to be here forever, but I'm okay staying for another couple of years.

kbum - They were talking about under a year, next spring/early summer.

Blythe said...

Can I be one of your tenants? With my entourage of animals? And maybe Chris, if he's nice to us and promises to do all the housework ;)

lj said...

hee hee :) that would be fun! Mind you I'm not getting any money until after september so the earliest I'd be buying would be late fall. but you and bailster are welcome any time :)