Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Damn it's hot!

Wow, yesterday we reached the highest humidex I ever remember seeing. It topped out around 44.7C. Yuck. Today, the air temperature is supposed to get up to 36C which will be the highest temperature ever recored in Southern Ontario. Yikes! Wouldn't be surprised if there humidex approached 50. Ugh. (Last night I drove in my car for about 15 minutes, when I got out of the car, my glasses fogged up, that is the first time this has ever happened to me in the summer. Wierd.

Okay, now onto the regularly scheduled post.

Friday I palnned to work from home, but if I'm honest, I'd let you know that I didn't do too much. I did a long workout and got ready to go out for the weekend. AF and I went camping on Friday night with one of his friends and we rock climed outside Friday evening. We were supposed to climb again on Saturday morning/afternoon but his friend was too hungover. instead we just took our time and packed up our stuff to head to Toronto for the rest of the weekend.

AFs other aunt is here right now from Tehran, so we visited and did a couple of errand type things and generally had a relaxing weekend. Sunday night we headed back to the loo and that was that.

Yesterday I worked from home for the day and got some progress made I'm now running my model again (well, doing the column calibration) and it is going a little slowly. Oh well, I guess that happens. Stay Cool Dudes and Dudettes!

2 comments:

BrightDolphin said...

Ugh, I agree about the heat! I hate when it gets this hot (though I am VERY glad that I have air-conditioning in my car this year!).

My friend David is working outside today. I heard a co-worker talking to him on the phone and he said, "Remember, if you're not peeing, you haven't had enough to drink!" :) Too true.

C-dub said...

It is sooooo hot out there! I feel sorry for my bros and dad who work outside. Sheesh!

I went for a half hour walk at lunch and it felt like I was walking in a sauna; it was that hot!