Thursday, August 10, 2006

Mid August already?!?

Where the heck did the summer go?

Okay, so I guess it has been over a week since I last updated sorry gals? I just don't have the need to update when nothing too exciting is going on in my life. First a quick recap of my week.

Last Wednesday - Nothing? can't remember what I didn
Thruday - Ditto
Friday - AF and I went to a party for one of his friends taht was finishing her PhD. It was pretty goodtimes.
Saturday - we went for a mountain bike and then headed into TO to his mums place
Sunday - we went to the beach with his aunt and mum. It's amazing how quickly his aunt adjusted to Canada and had no problem walking around all day in her bikini. Note: in Iran, the womens beaches are blocked off with dividers from the main beach and the dividers actually go like 100-200 m into the water to keep the men and women separate. At night we drove back to Waterloo
Monday - Ultimate lazy day we slept in, watched a movie and talked. REally, nothing exciting.

This week has been more of nothing, back at school and what not. The only exciting thing to report is that I have been in contact with the person I know at dillon and she says that my resume is impressive and is giving me hints on what to change and helping me with my cover letter. Good stuff :)

Other stuff - So for some reason I'm starting to think about marathons again. I think I might do another one next fall. Originally I thought I'd wait at least 5 years before doing another one, but in hindsight I really truly enjoyed my long runs last fall. Crazy, I know! I guess I'll wait and see how the next few months go. Anyone up to doing a marathon with me? Please?

7 comments:

BrightDolphin said...

Yay! I can see your blog again! I don't think I've seen anything but a green screen for nearly 2 weeks...

I don't think there's any possible way that I could do a marathon, but maybe a shorter run? I could always cheer you on after that! :)

lj said...

How about we aim for a 5K in november/december for now? then if you want we can bump up the distance, a bit???

weird about the green screen... that has happened once for me with your blog too.

C-dub said...

Count me in for a 5km run in november/december if you girlies do one!

I have just started back into running (my physio gave me the go-ahead), and right now I can only do about 10 minutes per run, but I should be able to bump that up slowly. I hope my hip flexor problem doesn't come back!

C-dub said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lotus Blossom said...

You girls are all CRAZY... I could never run that far (bad knees you know... and I just can't run)! Good luck with the 5K.

Things are still going well with AF I take it?! :D

lj said...

yep, things with AF are going stellar, the stuff we were talking about on monday was the logistics of moving in... where to get a storage locker, when I'm moving, what is coming with me and what is going into storage, etc.

Lotus Blossom said...

*hugs* Very, very happy for you!