Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Laura's Useless Fact of the Day

Did you know that when the day's start getting longer at the end of december, the time that the sunsets actually gets later? On the shortest day of the year, (Dec. 22), the sun rose at 7:52 am, however, now and until the 8th of January (next monday) the sun rises at 7:55. True story, we are just gaining more time in the evening than we have been losing in the morning. I found this interesting.

Yes I'm light obsessed. Getting up at an ungodly hour to run in the morning is easier if there is at least some type of sunlight, however, it looks like I'm in for another dark month ahead. By the end of January, the sun still won't be rising until 7:40 am which will still be black, however by the time I actually start working, It'll likely be getting lighter in the morning which will make getting up to run early easier.

2 comments:

C-dub said...

Yes, I actually did know that. I guess I'm light obsessed too ;)

I HATE getting up in the dark, going to work in the dark, and leaving work in the dark. So depressing!

lj said...

You have a window though right? sometimes that helps out! Right now the sun is shining into my office :)