Monday, January 22, 2007

Monday Again

So another weekend, another monday.

This past weekend was another busy one at 16 cedarwoods. Saturday was the regular errand running and it meant that I didn't get a chance to ride my trainer yet again. Boo! We did however get to go to a goodbye party at burger's house for Q&R. Q is starting a new job (and leaving the gradschool life behind) in Vancouver at the start of February. In fact they flew out this morning, so may already be starting their new life in BC. I'm going to miss them. Ditto Burgers comments about Q needing to join the blogging community!

So yep. EKs done, Burgers done, QC is done, JD has left town. MK is finishing this afternoon. That leaves lonely little me. It's quite sad that everyone else is done before me and I'm left here by myself. I'm also uber envious of them all starting their new lives and me still being stuck in the hell of trying to finish up this god damn thesis. Good news though, I'm getting pretty close. I should have my results all done by this time next week and as soon as neil approves my chapters I'll be done. We'll see if that actually happens though. Sometimes things don't really go according to plan as Burger would be able to tell you. I just want to be done so that I can start working.

Speaking of Working, I have an interview at burger's company next tuesday. I hope I get a job offer from them since they are a company I'd love to work for. This one is for real this time, the other interviews were more for practice. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

BrightDolphin said...

Good luck at the interview! I'm sure you'll do great. :)

So I take it you're not doing the contract thing after grad school is done? Can't say I blame you. I've lost count of the number of times that I've been grateful I turned grad school down. Kudos to you for getting through and I'm glad there's some light at the end of the tunnel!

Blythe said...

You are almost done LJ! Hang in there girl.

Re: the interview! You will be fantastic. I have a good feeling :)