Monday, February 26, 2007

Time for an update.

I've been woefully negligent of my blog lately. Not much going on to speak of. We (the supervisor and I) were hoping to have my thesis handed in on friday - that isn't happening). There is something that we aren't sure about, so I can't finish my modelling until we have it figured out. Unfortunately though, he'll be away for 2.5 weeks starting this weekend, so I'll be set back another 2.5 weeks. Oh well, I guess these things happen. On a brighter note though, 1 chapter is good to go, one appendix is really close (80% done, probably will be done next time I hand it in to him - he only wants the last page and a half). Supervisor is taking chapter 2, chapter 3 is getting close (Hoping this will be the last set of revisions on it), after that, only the modelling chapter (which I can't do until we sort this out) and conclusions are left. Yipee! It feels good to be getting close, although I am disappointed I won't be done before I go to BC.

This past weekend, we got down to Toronto to visit AFs mum and sister. It was good to see them again, though, I'm really missing my own family as well. I haven't seen any of them in around 2 months now, which is probably right on par with the longest I've ever gone without seeing them... probably the longest not seeing anyone. After my mum passed away, I made a good effort to see my dad once a month or so, but since meeting AF, that has fallen by the wayside. I saw new pictures of Eddie this morning, and he's getting so big! hard to believe he's that big and developed when I haven't seen him in 2 months. I'm going to take a few days off next week since my supervisor is gone and head down to visit with my dad and sister. I'm excited about getting to see them again.

Other than that, my training cycle is now complete. I'm running in the Chilly half marathon this weekend, hopefully it isn't so Chilly. I'm hoping to break my current personal best, we'll see how it goes. This week, I just get to sit back and relax with a couple of short runs. Should be a nice break :) By the time I get back up to this mileage again, it'll be much warmer, and hopefully the sidewalks will be clear of snow!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope it isn't too chilly for you either. Best of luck! I should tell Chris about the half. He did 12 miles yesterday so I'm sure he could handle that last mile next weekend.

lj said...

The race is full :( Sorry Chris! don't know when the next half around here is, but there might still be spots at around the bay if he is interested.

I only did 20 km yesterday, so like 12.4 miles? I know I'll be fine next sunday with an extra 1+ km attached.

C-dub said...

Good luck with the race on Sunday! Not that you'll need it, cuz you're a running MACHINE! ;)

C-dub said...

How did the race go yesterday? Were you able to meet your goal?