Thursday, February 01, 2007

Stop the Harassment Already ;)

So, I guess I'm being harassed for an update. I can do that.

1) Pursuant to the discussion last week about anti-aging, I visited the clinique counter at the bay last week and got set up with a daily skin care regime. So far so good. However, since I didn't want to spend $54 on facial sunscreen I picked that up at Shoppers - the Neutrogena oil free stuff I've been using for years. I also picked up Neutrogena under eye cream which is good for fine lines, wrinkles and bangs. Under my eyes is my problem are for aging. Probably from years of squinting since I need glasses. So right now my regime is Neutrogena in the morning (I also have their acne wash), clinique in the evening. Seems to be going well, I have noticed a difference in my under eyes already.

2) Job interview. I think it went well, but I'm really not the best at picking up on these things (kind of like how I can't pick up flirtation from a guy). I sent them an e-mail yesterday thanking them for meeting with me, and I think the response was positive; he concluded his e-mail with "I was impressed with your depth and knowledge of your field and the manner in which you presented yourself". It didn't really feel much like an interview though. Just chatting about my research which wasn't hard. No stupid HR questions... "What would your friends say is your best trait?" or "Can you think of a time at work where you worked through a conflict with a co-worker? What did you do?" Those questions suck.

3) I met with my supervisor last week. We are aiming to have me finished and handed in by the end of February. Should be doable. Especially if I actually get my results done and handed into him so that he can get me my comments ;)

4) In case anyone is living in a hole, HP 7 release date was... released. July 21st, 07. Yipee!

4 comments:

BrightDolphin said...

Yay! I'm glad the interview went well. :)

And double "Yay!" for Harry Potter! :D

lj said...

Are you going to come up to Waterloo to hang with Burger and I again? Costumes are mandatory this year (says us).

BrightDolphin said...

I will if I'm around! I just pre-ordered my copy of the book! :)

Blythe said...

Nej you better be there! It would be our 3rd and final party together.

I want to make my costume a surprise - but I will give y'all a hint. "Meow" I believe that this character will play a big role in the upcoming book ;) It'll be "puurrrfect".

Teehee!