Thursday, April 12, 2007

Signed, unsealed, undelivered

My job offer that is. I am going to be starting work on April 30th, all I have to do is scan the offer and e-mail it to the office manager and HR person when I get home from school today. It feels kind of weird to be entering a new stage of my life and very uncharacteristically laissez faire about it. I didn't really actively search for a job, only doing things that fell into my lap and it seems to have worked out for me. I only applied to companies at the career fair last year and when Burger told me to send her my resume.

I'm so lazy.

My seminar is booked for tomorrow afternoon. EEEE! I'm sure it will be fine, but I'm starting to get a little nervous for it and am deligently putting together my presentation and practicing. In fact, unlike my normal self, I'm hardly procrastinating at all!

In other news, not sure if I posted before, but I have a draft of my thesis completely done and am working on my edits for the supervisor. Hopefully it won't take that many rounds for chapter 4, but I forsee myself being very busy next week!

7 comments:

BrightDolphin said...

YAY! Good luck tomorrow chicky!

What time is your presentation?

lj said...

3:30 :O

Blythe said...

Again, Congratsies! I can't wait to see your presentation tomorrow. I informed the boss that I was leaving early so I should be on time!

quinn said...

Congratulations three times over!! It's all sooo exciting -- the job, the seminar, and a whole draft finished! Good luck tomorrow -- wish I could be there, I'm sure you'll do a great job! :)

C-dub said...

I will definately be thinking of you this afternoon and I'll send some mental "you're doing awesome"s your way! I'm sure you'll do great, you've been living and breathing this stuff lately!

And that's great about the job!! Congrats!!!

Lotus Blossom said...

Let us know how your seminar went. I'm sure you kicked some butt in good ol' fashioned LJ style! :)

C-dub said...

Yes, I'm curious too! Please update!!