Monday, August 15, 2005

Best Concert EVER!

So on friday I arrived at school with no motivation to do work. I played on the internet for a bit, went to a masters student's seminar (we don't have to do defences here at good ol' w/loo). Then some more internet playing and got myself on the bus to head downtown and grab the greyhound to t-dot.

I met up with C-dub around 2:40 and we headed up to Barrie to go to the Green Day concert. I love green day. I have since grade 9, way back in '94, and have wanted to see them in concert for about as long. The tickets were expensive and I really couldn't afford it, but I'm glad I went :). It took us over two hours to get up to Barrie from Toronto! Craziness! We were a little worried that we would have missed the opening bands since the doors opened at 4:00, but we really didn't need to worry. The concert didn't start until 7! and Green Day didn't get on until 9! Man, there go the plans for the kingdom.

The Concert was AMAZING though! Everything I expected and more. Billy Joe Armstrong actually has a great voice and there was soooooo much audience interaction, it was awesome. They played all their hits (with the exception of When I come around) and a couple of new songs off their new CD - mind you, 4 of them are hits :) And Billy Joe is Hot. Very hot. I could talk about it forever, well, maybe not forever, but at least until I lost my voice. They also had way cool pyrotechnics and ended the show off with some pretty cool fire works. (like really cool - way better than w/loo has on Canada Day.)

On Saturday we (C-dub and Exaggerator) went down to yorkdale and did some shopping. I wasn't allowed to buy anything, but did anyways. I got a really cute new skirt from H&M, I was going to wear it today, but I think I'm going to save it for D&C's rehersal dinner on Friday. C-dub and I then went downtown to MEC to get some Bike stuff for our new tri bikes. I got an under the seat bag, and a frame mount-able high pressure pump and a couple of things for my trip. we then went our seperate ways and I just missed the bus back to W/loo (Burger - I remember too late about that bus stop along university. I so could have made it from there!). I went to second cup and got a snack and read some more of my book (I should have gotten dinner though, I was starved!!), I read the whole way back on the bus and then all evening until I was finished. On the city bus back home I stopped at valu-mart to get some fruit but they were closed, so I walked all the way to sobeys and back up to king and got my fruit in time to catch the next bus going to UW. I was pretty impressed with my speedy abilities.

Sunday morning I was supposed to run 25 K, but I woke up feeling blah later than intended to decided to run in the evening. I read most of the day, but by the time the evening came around I wasn't feeling well, so the run got cancelled. I need to get better before my trip. That is more important to me than being able to run a marathon. I'll have to figure out whether that is going to happen or not. I've missed a lot of my long runs for this reason or that,so I guess I'll just have to see how the rest of my training pans out.

No comments: