Thursday, August 11, 2005

Let the weird-@ss dreams start

So I started on my anti-malarial pills this morning. You are supposed to start 1 week before you enter the malaria region, but since my pills are known to cause some psychological problems, we decided it would be best if I started them a week ahead of time to make sure I don't have bad side effects.

The side effects 1) depression (mostly in people that have had past problems) 2) Psychosis (again underlying problems), and 3) Hiluicinations (in dreams). So I'm already having weird dreams. For a couple of days in a row now, I've dreamed that I am at Hogwarts... weird since I haven't thought about thos books for over two weeks now... So what are my dreams going to be like now??? I'm kind of scared that I'm going to have a nightmare and that is is going to be really really bad. Hopefully it'll be okay!!!

Nothing else to report. I've been running and biking and stuff like that (have run 29 km in the last 3 days!!!) , and as you've already seen on C-dubs and exaggerators blogs we are going to the kingdom tomorrow night after going to the green day concert (cdub and i). Should be fun.

3 comments:

BrightDolphin said...

It's funny that you should mention dreaming. I was just reading an article about the meaning of dreams! It said that they were the brain's way of deleting useless information, which is why people often forget their dreams when they wake up.

I've heard some scary stuff about anti-malarial drugs too. I guess they're better than the alternative though!

lj said...

Yeah, it seems that most of the problems that come with it are for people with underlying psychological stuff. This was the cheapest alternative, one of them would cost >$250!!! The other ones can cause "Severe stomach pain and nausea" One of them mentioned "do not use if you have renal blockage" that one is a thinker :O.

Lotus Blossom said...

My Dad had such problems with ones he was taking that he stopped taking them when working in Africa. Luckily he didn't get bit!