Friday, August 12, 2005

Too bad for the hypochondriacs

So I was a little worried about this swollen nodes business. I have never had this happen with a regular cold before, so I was afraid it may be something worse, so I went to my favorite site ever, google, and typed in three words. Swollen Nodes Symptoms. I seriously got a list of hundreds of diseases and afflictions. Everything from Cancer to west nile to obscure things no one has ever heard of "African Sleeping Virus"???

Not only that, but I found sever websites that you could browse by symptom which could increase the number of pobblible causes 10-fold. I feel sorry for the hypochondriacs in this tech world.

BTW - Think it is just a cold. Hoping it is just a cold... could be west nile though, I get tonnes of mosquito bites and what I thought may be poison ivy early this week, I now realize definitely wasn't, but it could be a westnile rash. I'm strong and healthy, I'll be fine. (this is my new mantra :)).

2 comments:

BrightDolphin said...

I've heard of the African Sleeping Sickness. It's really bad in some countries and kills a lot of children over there. It's another case where the medication is dirt cheap, yet no one (or very few) can get it.

It probably is just a cold. I've probably got west nile by now too. Lord knows I've been bitten enough times!

Lotus Blossom said...

Good mantra!