Monday, June 19, 2006

A mostly crappy weekend.

So as was expected, Wednesday and Thursday were pretty hard. I was glad I got the opportunity to see granny the way she was, just because it wasn't granny there, and it made me realize that she wasn't ever going to be the same and that we had already lost her. She said one thing to me when I was there it was "Has Jane made a decision about the house". Jane was my mum (who passed away 3 years ago) and the last house she bought was in 1976??? so I'm pretty sure she didn't realize who I was. Leaving on Thursday was really hard, but after getting into the car, no more real tears were shed.

Friday was pretty hard being at school and wondering what was going on in Ottawa, needless to say I didn't get much work accomplished. This weekend, was mine and Arash's six month anniversary and we went out to dinner on Friday night. I asked dad not to let me know until saturday if she passed on friday. Sure enough, 8:15 am Saturday morning the phone rings and I know immediately that granny passed away sometime on Friday. It was just before 3 pm, and both my auntie Jill and Auntie Anne were there with her. She slept all day long, and just stopped breathing at some point.

The rest of the day Saturday was busy. We were running errands and picked up AFs aunt at the airport (she is here from Sweeden for 10 days to help with the post surgery stuff). We had a nice dinner on Saturday night and a good visit. Sunday morning we had another nice breakfast and were deciding what to do for the day. AFs sister had to get her staples out (35 in total!) and they wanted to talk to a doctor about this fluid that has been draining out of her nose. So we went to emerge thinking it was going to be a really short visit. 5 hours later AF and I leave his mum and his aunt there with AF's sister being re-admitted into Neuro ICU. Turns out that the mysterious fluid is spinal fluid and that the fusing between the brain and the sinus cavity isn't working properly. They have to get it to stop because it can have some serious long term consequenses. She had to get a drain put into her spine and they will try that for a couple of days. If it doesn't work, she'll be going back into surgery (probably wednesday or so). We were at the hospital when this man was brought in. The cameramen were there before the ambulance and police man came in. It was pretty disgusting that they were there ready to record everything.

So as you can see it was a pretty crappy weekend. Now I'm back at school and I'm supposed to be handing in my Lit Review to the Supervisor today, but I don't think I'm going to be able to concentrate all that well. I guess we'll have to see.

Update: The drain wouldn't go in last night, so they are going to be trying again this afternoon. I hope everything goes well, man, my life is too stressful right now.

5 comments:

BrightDolphin said...

I'm sorry about your Granny. That sounds like a horrible weekend (6 month anniversary aside!). Hopefully things will look up this week for you.

*Extra hugs*

Lotus Blossom said...

You have had a whole heck of a lot going on... your supervisor should understand if you don't get it in.

*Hugs* Sorry about your granny...

Blythe said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your Granny.

And I hope AF's sister gets better quickly!

Take care. *hugs*

C-dub said...

Sounds like you've had a rough time of it in the last few days. So sorry to hear about your granny. I hope Arash's sister gets better real soon! Big hugs!

C-dub said...

How are things going with AF's sister?