Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Uncreative title

Hi all, I was asked to update AFs sister, so here I am. Updating.

As of last night the drain was in her spine and collecting fluid. They are concerned that it isn't collecting enough fluid so they tried inserting it further and it wouldn't go in any more. they were going to try again later, but AFs mum went home. She is having a lot of pain again (I think it is because she is back in the hospital setting with nothing to do but lay around feeling sorry for herself all day) and is having problems with vomitting a constipation again - probably from the morphine. They are talking about possibly discharging her on Thursday. Her nose has again stopped leaking the spinal fluid, but is it because of the drain, or because it is healing? we don't know.

In other stuff, I got back the results from my Barium Upper GI X-ray and everything came back normal. For now, we are assuming it is gastritis and I have to continue on these meds for 6 weeks and then start to ween myself off them. If the symptoms come back at after I'm off the drugs than we'll do some more tests. Grrrr. I don't like having to deal with this ontop of everything else. At least the meds seem to be helping for the most part.

My excersizing is going so so these days. I feel strong in the pool, okay on the bike, but really weak on the run. I guess the time that I've been sick (3 months now) has really taken a toll on that. I guess I just have to work hard at it. IT is hard to believe where I was a year ago compared to now. I guess it'll come back with time.

UPDATE I'm bored, so I'm updating with not much. I just wanted to say that sometimes I seriously feel that if my head were not attached to my shoulders I would have lost it years ago. This morning I got almost all the way to school before realizing I forgot to take my pills this morning. I turned around (at the grad house) and got all the way to the other side of ring road before realize. Doh, no I didn't. Hmm... Longest walk to school ever! Silly me.

2 comments:

C-dub said...

... and that's why I call you forgetful Jones ;)

Lotus Blossom said...

That is typical Laura! We all love you though. I wish I were there to give you a big hug with all you're going through... :D