Thursday, April 06, 2006

A sigh of Relief

Ahhh... but don't let me sigh too long as it'll be getting busy again in no time flat... like tomorrow. So after two long days monday and tuesday, I finally got to relax a bit after my presentation yesterday. Monday I was at school 9-7, got home, had dinner and worked from 8-10:15... Tuesday was a little better - at school from 9-6, had dinner relaxed for a bit and worked from 8:30-11:00. Ah, what an exciting life. But I presented on Wednesday afternoon. I was a little nervous and a little frazzled (damn over head projectors), but I finished on time and didn't have any hard questions that I had to answer so that was good :). I'm so not winning the presenters award, but then again, I was hardly expecting to either!

When I got back to my office in the afternoon I had an e-mail from NL, the girl that stayed with me last may for feild school. Turns out she's in town for a WHI course and wanted to get together (I just got back from lunch with her and burger). It was nice to hear from her again. When I got home from school there was more kind of good/kind of scary news waiting on my answering machine.

Komex in Fort Mac wants to interview me. Tomorrow. Okay, I know I did give them my resume, but at the time it was more for practice than anything else. I also gave it to the Komex Calgary office, not Fort Mac. I'm not sure I want to live out west first off. Second off, Fort Mac? Would that really be a place I would want to live? Meh. I'll do the interview, but I don't think I'll except a job should they offer me one. Also, after 5.5 years of being unattached and not caring where I end up things are a little different now. I don't want to be one of those people that throws their life away because of a guy, but honestly, I don't think I'd have a problem getting a job in Waterloo or Guelph, or in the worst case, somewhere in the wasteland that is the GTA, I don't think I need to go to Alberta to get a job. Meh. This is too stressful. Why did AF have to go and complicate my life? Don't get me wrong, I really like this guy, but I guess this is a case where it is just easier to be single and have no stings tieing you somewhere.

Other than that, I'm at home marking today. It is taking me forever! Gar. I hate marking. I think this will be my last TA. I don't mind marking math, the text takes so much longer.

1 comment:

Lotus Blossom said...

You'll make whatever decision is right for you.