Monday, April 03, 2006

I hate Time Change

Well, I'll be happy whtn it is light tonight at 8 pm, but I really don't like the whole waking up an hour earlier deal. Hopefully I'll be adjusted to the new time soon, but let me say getting out of bed this morning did suck.

My weekend was pretty good. Friday night I went to AFs apartment and hung out. Saturday was my crowning glory.

Saturday was just perfect :) I haven't had a weekend day to completely relax and do typical weekend things since... well, probably last fall or possibly, early January. So we lazed around his apartment in the morning and went to Old Navy and Future shop in the afternoon (I got several new tank tops since all my old ones are either stained or have lost their form. For 2/$15, you can't really go wrong, and a couple of pairs of sandals... one to wear around AFs apartment and the other to wear with my summer skirts. Again, at $16.50 for the nice pair... you can't go wrong.) Saturday night I made my first ever roast chicken, and I am pretty happy with how it turned out. If just took a really long time to get up to the right temperature. I'll have to remember that next time I decide to make one. We also watched my favorite movie ever - the Shawshank Redemption.

Sunday I was up early to make AFs mum a birthday cake to bring with us. The day pretty much disappeared somehow. We had a great visit with his mum and sister. His sister is going to Tehran for a visit in a couple of weeks and she was so excited. We were joking that she should take me with her since AF and his mum have no desire to go back. I got back home at around 9 pm and did about 2 hours of work before going to bed. Fun sunday night activity, let me tell you. Oh well, I took off early friday so I really should have done more than I did.

The next three days are going to be crap for me since I'm presenting at the UW conference on Wednesday, but after that I should be able to relax a bit. I might stay at home on Thursday and Friday to mark since I'm developing another huge stack of assignments on my desk. I'll definitely be glad when my TAing is over. It just adds so much more to be stressed about.

No comments: