Friday, April 21, 2006

Stool Sample Grossness

Okay, so I don't know how much I've posted about this, but ever since I got back from Africa I've been having waves of nausea that last anywhere from a week to a month. I got tested back in the fall for Malaria to rule it out, and have just kind of lived with it since then. This week after feeling off for over a month and feeling terrible when I've been excersizing, I decided to make an appointment to try and get it sorted out. So now, I have a huge bag and I have to collect 4 stool samples, and I had my first rectal exam. Not fun, but all in all, it was better than a Gyny exam. Now I just have to collect my samples and wait for the results to come in. Oh, and I have an order for an ultrasound. never had one of those before.

Guess that is it for me. Not much going on, trying to get my results in order for this conference paper, but the runs are taking a long time. Damn computers.

Oh, one exciting thing - I get to dogsit the bailey this weekend. I'm pretty pumped about it. I miss having a dog.

4 comments:

Blythe said...

Yuck. I just read your post while eating my sandwich. Hopefully everything turns out ok. Happy collecting!

C-dub said...

Yikes. Good luck with the sample collection ;)

Lotus Blossom said...

I went for an ultrasound when I was going through all that scarcoidosis crap. All-in-all, not a bad medical procedure. I've had worse! :p

lj said...

Ultrasound - Checking my liver. Could be Schistostomiasis.