Monday, March 20, 2006

I'm all shook up

And not in a good way. I was driving home from AFs this morning and I rear ended a car. It was the most serious accident I've ever gotten into. It wasn't that bad really, but I'm a little shooken up to say the least. What happened? from what I gather the car two up slammed on his breaks after an intersection when someone decided to j-walk across the street. the car in front of me had enough time to react, but I didn't. perhaps I was following a little too closely, perhaps I was a little too sleepy. Probably something I'll never understand. Not too much dammage was done (my licence plate plastic thing got broken and the plate itself bent, the bolt hold the plate in scratched the bumper of the car in front. kind of fummy the way it hit, my licence plate was pretty much in the place of hers other wise more dammage probably would have been done. She has my information and I'll probably hear later today what they want to do. It was more scary than anything else.

My weekend was good. AF and I went up to Blue mountain and ended up spending the night there. It was pretty good, my first time up there since most of my skiing ontario has been in eastern ontario. He improved so much since the first time we went. He was even able to go down a couple of blue runs :)

This morning I'm feeling not 100%. I'm staying to talk to my supervisor for a bit, but I think I might head home early. my tummy is feeling a little off.

4 comments:

BrightDolphin said...

Accidents are definitely nerve-wracking. At least it wasn't too serious and no one was hurt!

I'm glad you had a fun weekend up in Blue Mountain. Blue Mountain is the only place that I've ever been skiing... I stayed on the bunny hill the whole time! Yeah! :)

Blythe said...

Oh my! You poor thing :( That would be scary.

Lotus Blossom said...

After my little fender-bender in TO I was so shook up I couldn't drive the rest of the weekend I was there and I cried when I had to drive leaving the accident. I hope you're not *that* shook up, as that really sucked.

*hugs* Hope you feel better soon!

C-dub said...

Sorry to hear you had a little fender-bender! I'm glad that you are okay though. I can understand why you're a little shook up!

The only fender bender I've ever had was the one when I backed into that parked car when I was with you. That was soooo embarassing!